Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed the the TPMS reads the tire pressure about 4 psi high. In other words, when my tire pressure gauge reads 32 psi, the tpms reads 36-37 psi. Is that normal for the TPMS to be that far off? I was also wondering what pressure you guys generally keep your tires at for everyday driving. Do you keep them at 32 front and 34 rear like the sticker on the car says, or do you keep them higher or lower?

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Do a search on "TPMS". You will get lots of information.

The TPMS is not a tire gauge. It warns you when a tire is getting low or going flat. Get a good gauge and go by that. (Lately my TPMS and my gauge have been reading the same but usually the gauge reads higher.)

For everyday driving I go by the pressure on the door jam and/or the pressures recommended in the manual.

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
There are several treads to read on that very subject in the wheels and tires forum and the FAQS. I'd suggest searching for TPMS also. Bottom line is that pressures vary because of atmospheric conditions, most tire gauges are off by 3 or 4 lbs so get a very good one (you can find recommendations by searching as well) and TPMS is a warning device not a tool for setting tire pressures (discussed in your Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am running the fronts at 33psi and the rears at 36psi. I know this is subjective, but I like the feel and handling at these points.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts