Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is a little bit different topic. I won't go into the details but my wallet is missing, black leather wallet. I was in 3 places during the time, work, car , home. my question for you folks since my cayman has black lether interior. Is there any secret spaces inside this car that you know that you would specifically have to look. I have looked in the car 4 times, with a flashlight. Moved the seats forward and back, tilted the seats. it is a long shot but if there is someplace that ate your wallet tha it took you forever to find in this car speak up!

thanks

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I lost my cell phone in my Cayman once. Turned out it was under the driver's seat. There is a space below the seat where it can disappear, you sort of have to feel around, it can be hard to see. That is the best way I know to describe it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would also like to know, as I suspect my CS ate my watch. Either that or it fell off my wrist at a restaurant, which is unlikely given it was a bracelet type watch with a clasp.

With your wallet, I would check in the space between the bottom and the back of the seat. It could have been pushed in between there, out of sight. Or try in between the seat and center console, near the rails for seat adjustment. When ever something falls out of my pocket in that car, thats where it usually ends up. Had about 5 bucks in change the last time I cleaned it out.

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
I have dropped my wallet and other things and I have to say that it is very hard to find thing under these seats...dropped my phone just the other day and had to look really hard...and it fell in between the door frame and the seat! there is a vent (heat?) under the seat that I have lost coins into...look in the articles section with reference to replacing seats or installing a fire extinguisher and you can see in the installation pictures what under the seat looks like...don't know how thick or thin your wallets was...I WOULD look with a flash light...hope you find it...

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Once I put the passenger pwr seat all the way back and discovered 3 empty soda bottles in there so there's a lot of space under the seat and I assume it's the same for the driver's seat. In a separate thread I mentioned I found torn ladies underwear under the driver's seat when I drove my new cayman home from the dealer ;)

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
While we're on this fascinating subject, has anyone noticed that the CS manual seats always hook your pants cuffs when you get out of the car? I usually don't wear cuffs with the Cayman as it's a weekend sort of car for me, but sometimes...and every time, it hooks the cuffs on the seat elevation lever.

On the subject of the wallet, I once lost a cell phone, when they weren't so small, under the set and under the carpet edge. I'd looked several times with a flashlight. I had to reach in and feel around. Be careful of the ferrets, though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've had the "pants-hooking" issue a couple of times so I stopped wearing them.

I hate losing my wallet, it's worse than when my dog ate my homework.:hilarious:

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
Sure does, just slide the seat all the way back. There are two openings underneath, at least in my '06. one larger one I can get my whole hand in, the other one just my fingers. if I cannot reach it through the large opening then guide it from the other one towards it. Had my remote drop in their once.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow thanks for all the replys, I have new found hope. If my wife can just deliver the car back to me in one piece tonight. But that is a whole seperate topic :wall:

·
On Probation
582 Posts
I've had the "pants-hooking" issue a couple of times so I stopped wearing them.

I hate losing my wallet, it's worse than when my dog ate my homework.:hilarious:
no pants ? wow...thats a liberal state that fla:hilarious:

·
Registered
239 Posts
The wallet issue is disturbing, but not as much as GilFrank giving up wearing pants...:hilarious:

I've had the "pants-hooking" issue a couple of times so I stopped wearing them.QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Take note: When purchasing a used Cayman check the under seat slot for free phones, Wallets and any other small goodies! :hilarious:

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Any updates noffy?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Once I put the passenger pwr seat all the way back and discovered 3 empty soda bottles in there so there's a lot of space under the seat and I assume it's the same for the driver's seat. In a separate thread I mentioned I found torn ladies underwear under the driver's seat when I drove my new cayman home from the dealer ;)
Yeah, the wife believed that one! :hilarious:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts