·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nothing visual certainly. But the site is dedicated to test mules and the like on the nurburgring. He mentions the Cayman he pictured sounded different.

"Is this a special edition? Are we going to get a GT4 Cayman? Or do my ears deceive me?"

Maybe its just plain gossip. It is hard for me to see the reason to build a Turbod Cayman but if Porsche really are going out of their way not to produce a competition version of the car, there might be enough buyers for a top dog version in a Turbo Cayman.

Who knows. I thought it was somewhat interesting especially if after a couple of years they actually come out with one.

Even their SUV has the Base the S and the Turbo versions and had the GTS added recently.

I see no evidence of a turbo??? what am I missing???

·
Registered
389 Posts
I see no evidence of a turbo??? what am I missing???
Exactly - there's no visual cues that there's a turbo in there. One can only assume that the must have photographer or whoever heard the tell-tale pop/whistle of a turbo engine.

More interesting to me where two small visual cues.
If you squint really hard at your monitor, you might notice what (to my eyes) appears to be a set of 997 GT2 style sport seats. The give-away is the little harness cut outs over the shoulders.

I also notice what appears to be a hint of some kind of roll bar. There's a hint of a silver bar visible in both photos.

Who knows what the photo really is. It's fun to speculate though isn't it? :)

Making a few special editions has been a Porsche tradition - especially seen in tightening markets. Consider the 964 RS America or the 911 Clubsport.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Well a Cayman with roll bar was photographed testing on the 'Ring a few months back, but there was no indication at the time that the car was a turbo, only sporting the newly updated bumpers/lights. Heck it could have just had a sports exhaust...

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
At that link they ask about a Nordschleife Touristfahrt??????? I don't speak German, and I would hate to venture a guess! :confused:

·
Registered
675 Posts
More interesting to me where two small visual cues.
If you squint really hard at your monitor, you might notice what (to my eyes) appears to be a set of 997 GT2 style sport seats. The give-away is the little harness cut outs over the shoulders.
No biggy there...those seats are an option on the Cayman.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts

perhaps DFI engines have a different sound :D

"Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

A good car will get you from point A to point B. A great car... will just get you into trouble!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I love how their rationale was the addition of the led front marker lights.

Wow. Must be a turbo.

That's good journalism there.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Perhaps 35 years ago, I remember seeing an automobile add in a German magazine which said "Wir gut sitz, fahrt besser". It translated loosely to " a comfortable seat makes for a better trip". I was 17 at the time, and I just loved to quote that one. :)

How did we get from Cayman turbo to flatulance?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts