Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
I seriously doubt it - LED signal lights, roll bar and GT3 seats do not make it a turbo... and, almost every time I go to the track, someone asks me (three this weekend) if it's my car is a turbo, because they think it sounds like one when it goes by on the track... I think you're looking at the next redesigned model with optional seats and a roll bar for the safety of the test driver flogging it around the track. I saw a CS with GT3 seats and a roll bar at Thunderhill this weekend that belonged to quickxotica... gee wiz, must be a turbo.

brad

·
Registered
113 Posts
it is not unrealistic, regardless of weather the gossip surrounding this particular sitting is acurate or not to think the possibility of a turbo version for the cayman may be something we will end up seeing in the future... There have been other model like the 944 in the past wich were eventualy introduced with turbos. Also asentioned previously, the Cayenne already comes with it.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
it is not unrealistic, regardless of weather the gossip surrounding this particular sitting is acurate or not to think the possibility of a turbo version for the cayman may be something we will end up seeing in the future... There have been other model like the 944 in the past wich were eventualy introduced with turbos. Also asentioned previously, the Cayenne already comes with it.
I would love to see a Cayman Turbo. They (Porsche) probably allowed the 944 turbo because it did not threaten the 911. A Cayman Turbo would be a whole new story however, probably one they do not wish to write.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You just aren't looking close enough...see that green shadow just bottom of the rear glass. They've clearly outfitted this Cayman with the new "Arsen Touristfahrt" turbo as designed by Mr Touristfahrt...look how proud he is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,

Long time lurker....first post.

As a prospective cayman/911 convert (curteosy of a fantatstic C2S test drive at a local porsch centre.....CaymanS this thursday!!) ive heard from multiple informed sources that the Cayman facelift + DFI + PDK is expected March '09.

Simarly a Cayman Turbo/GTS is also due.....no reliable dates yet however.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts