Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealers have ZERO "S" models left and 5 base ones listed. That is for the entire state.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Weird, same with my local dealer, Ray Catena Porsche, one of the largest in the area. No "S" models and only 3 regular models.

According to my salesman, allocations are down across the board.

Plenty of Panameras however! ;)

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
We have one S model here, but our local dealer doesn't get many new cars that just sit on the lot.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Here in Illinois, the Premium dealers have Caymans, S and 2.9, but, man, every single dealer in the state has a LOT of Panameras!

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Our local dealer has 2 CS and 1 Cayman in stock - they rarely have more than 3-4 around at a time.

On the other hand, they list 8 Panameras in their inventory (which is huge for our community)! :eek:

I'm thinking it won't be long 'til we start seeing rebates (or some significant discounts) on the Panameras.

·
Registered
607 Posts
You are not seeing many CS cars on dealer lots due to the weak economy and dealers trying to bring their inventory down in order to survive... so why so many Panamera cars you ask... easy, they were thinking that even in this bad economy, there would always be rich people around who want the latest and greatest, so some stockpiled on those. Turns out even the rich are taking things slow... plus the fact the Panamera is a car with one ugly rear end.

Porshce does not offer any leasing/buying incentives either, which never helps. Only reason I jumped into my 997.2 was due to the ULTRA low money factor being offered.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Our local dealer has 2 CS and 1 Cayman in stock - they rarely have more than 3-4 around at a time.

On the other hand, they list 8 Panameras in their inventory (which is huge for our community)! :eek:

I'm thinking it won't be long 'til we start seeing rebates (or some significant discounts) on the Panameras.
It's just MHO, but I think Porsche seriously overestimated the price point for their 4 passenger sedan........

·
Registered
30 Posts
My dealer has 4 CS's and 1 regular Cayman. BTW, they said they can't get enough Panamera's to sell. I was in their waiting room for 2 hours and saw a Panamera and a Cayenne go out the door.

·
Registered
210 Posts
A good number of CS's here in socal with so many dealers around. More 2010's starting to be listed, but still a few new 08's sitting around on lots due to dealers still listing them for only 5 grand lower than new 2010 models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts