Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the 48HRS of Sebring this weekend. I took about 1500 pictures. I have taken photos of most of the Caymans and Boxsters (911, 944, 968, and 914's, too) racing. If you were on the track, let me know, I might have some picture of you racing. I can post them here or email them to you. Disclaimer....I am not the greatest photographer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love my Cayman, but there is nothing like the old 930/ 964/ 993 body-style. Perhaps one day, I shall own an example.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Red 291 is mine! Just finished build three weeks ago. First real track time, started the weekend with 542 miles on the car; finished with 1,100.

GT3 suspension goodies (all of them). Full Cage install by Hank at Hanksville Hotrods in south Denver, Colorado. Chris Cervelli at Spline Technologies did the rest. Best time was 2:27.7 at Sebring; there is more time on the track, I need more seat time in the car to build confidence in it's limits and strengths. Cup Car fire suppression and electrical cutoff switch, OZ Allegarito (sp?) wheels from TireRack (Thanks Damon), Hoosier 245/285 R6s. ChaseCam + Traqmate in garage, no time to transfer from 1978 911SC (retiring race car, now for sale) before Sebring. Third radiator for engine, "FAST" cool suit for me. Racetech seats (halo for driver, non-halo for passenger). Moton Club Sports and Tarrett Engineering ARBs front and rear. Exhaust is stock but custom cat-back setup to be added in coming weeks.

Worst issue is the tiny fuel tank (14 gallons total) had to refuel for 90 minute enduro, managed to win class anyway (only "I" class entry made it easier).

Awesome foundation, outstanding car! With 150 more HP and slicks I could have kept pace with the Cup Cars in the enduro!

Can't wait to go again! Maybe Texas World Speedway or Road Atlanta in March.

Best,

Dave Speights
Fort collins Area Race Team [FART]

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Dave, the wheels on your red/black Cayman - are they the OZ Alleggerita HLT? Thanks!

Nevermind... they're just read through your post. Nice car!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Red 291 is mine! Just finished build three weeks ago. First real track time, started the weekend with 542 miles on the car; finished with 1,100.
Here are all the photos of your car you racing. If you'd like I can send you all the pictures in RAW format so you can edit in Photoshop and such. Your car is incredible. What I noticed is that all the Caymans were taking to the turns so flat with unbelievable urgency. Great stuff!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for all the photos! I don't know how to Photoshop so these are quite good enough for me. Thanks for the offer.

Thanks for your comments on the car as well. I couldn't be happier. Just finished the car and Sebring was a great debut.

Hope to meet you guys at the track.

Dave

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, I'm the black Cayman S 224....pretty much stock except for GT3 control arms for 2.5 deg camber up front, Sparco Evo seats with 6 point harness, BF Goodrich R1s which were amazingly greasy at the recommended pressures....finally adjusted them downward with better results but I can't say they are any better than Sport Cups at this point. Best advise of the weekend came from Spencer Pumpelly, "grenade the brake pedal"......brake issues disappeared and almost completely eliminated the brake failure during downshifting (clutch action and ABS don't get along). Anyone else have opinion on the BF Goodrich, I'm going with Hoosiers next time no doubt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
brake advice is good, it worked for me as well. had a few laps at 2:23 at Sebring!

I have run the Hoosier R6s for a year on the Cayman with great success. Ran Hoosier slicks last weekend at Sebring and loved them. slicks seem to be about 1.5 seconds per lap there. May be worth more time as confidence improves.

Good driving last weekend!

Dave

1 - 20 of 20 Posts