Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thank you guys!
Btw, what is the Fairplex in Pomona about? Is that a race track or what? I tried to sign up for the event but don't know what that is.

·
PCA / POC Member #125
504 Posts

·
PCA / POC Member & Club Donor
1,932 Posts
Krok - how about some updates?
Sure. The biggest update is that the car is no longer built to CSR specs, but was migrated to POC GT3 class (9.01 - 11.50 #/RWHP) mid last year. This was primarily done to give us a populated class in which to run while CSR develops, although now it is not likely this car will ever go back. If the spec takes off we can build another car.

The initial modifications were the installation of FG doors and the fitting of Cup slicks (280/680 and 250/650 Yokohamas). More recent modifications include the installation of a Vision Motorsport built 3.8 bottom end (the car still uses the Cayman S heads). We are still playing with a couple of intake options.

The engine build also included installation of the new generation deep sump from MantisSport and a few other tricks from the team at Vision. Unrestricted, the engine made 360 RWHP (291 lb-ft of TQ), but is now restricted to ~310 RWHP to meet the class wt/hp limit.

In addition to the engine change, we also installed the electric PS system from the GT3 cup (reliability and weight reduction).

So far the on-track results are promising. In the first POC event of the year at Willow Springs we qualified on class pole both days (with a 1:24.8 on Saturday), finished 2nd in class on Saturday, and 1st in class on Sunday.

Cheers,

Recent shot of the car on track:

Electric PS system:

On the dyno at Vision:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Great looking car. Can you describe the electric power steering pump setup? Is it sourced from Porsche? Do you run a power steering cooler?

·
1,932 Posts
Great looking car. Can you describe the electric power steering pump setup? Is it sourced from Porsche? Do you run a power steering cooler?
PS system (pump, lines, etc.) are all Porsche Motorsports parts from the Cup.

No need for a cooler on this system.

Cheers,

·
Vendor
2,467 Posts
Hey, if you guys need brake pads & rotors, give us a call. Plenty in stock for the track season.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wing Mount Hardware Shown - Urgently Seeking These!

Just need someone to id where I will be able to find the Cayman Spec wing mounts--the small hardware attached to the hatch with pins holding the uprights on the black Cayman S on page 3 with date/timestamp of 03-12-2010, 10:41 PM ...Just the small mounts. I already have a Getty wing and their RS aluminum uprights. This would be a tremendous help, and a big time saver.

Thanks in advance! And I know of least one other person who's also looking for these.

·
1,932 Posts
Wing Mount Hardware Shown - Urgently Seeking These!

Just need someone to id where I will be able to find the Cayman Spec wing mounts--the small hardware attached to the hatch with pins holding the uprights on the black Cayman S on page 3 with date/timestamp of 03-12-2010, 10:41 PM ...Just the small mounts. I already have a Getty wing and their RS aluminum uprights. This would be a tremendous help, and a big time saver.

Thanks in advance! And I know of least one other person who's also looking for these.
These are custom parts. Contact Dwain Dement at Visions Motorsports - 949.770.2888

Cheers,

·
Vendor
2,467 Posts
Best balanced car out there!

81 - 97 of 97 Posts