Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone else had (and tried to fix) a problem in which the CD player often makes very loud clicking noises when the car is shut off or very hot. I brought it into the dealer and Porsche NA said this was normal and they won't be replacing the player...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
418 Posts
This happened to me within a few weeks of purchase. It is not normal. I took it it to the dealer and miraculously they 'fixed' it. However, one of the service guys let slip that in fact they had replicated the problem earlier... given that the purchase was literally a couple of weeks before I was not a happy chap. However, they didn't insult my intelligence by telling me its normal.

I basically kicked off a bit of stink and had a brand new PCM unit (Nav the lot!) fitted before leaving. It actually takes them no more than 30mins to swap out for a new unit. I made it very clear that they would not see my business again unless I went away with a new unit. This is easier to do in the UK as dealers are never more than few hundred miles apart (I have three within a 200 mile radius so I can make good on my threats should I need to).

Occasionally Porsche dealers post on here. I be interested to hear their view on this 'advice' you have been given by your dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.