Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Boxster, CDR 24...I am completely confused, I was under the impression that the radio came out relatively easy by inserting the "Keys" and pulling it out. I read the "Article"

PCM 2.1 Install (CDR-24 Radio Removal) - Articles

on removing the radio and it was a very detailed description involving minor surgery and removing half the components under the dash (I am exaggerating slightly) but I am still confused. Which is it? Keys and a tug or tools and work?...Also if it is the key route where exactly do the keys go?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
You HAVE to take the right side panel off to get to the retaining screw.
So you might as well take off the left side panel to make sure you're doing things properly.

With a lot of aftermarket radios thats how you remove them from their mounting baskets, however, I don't think the "key" method you're talking about works on the CDR-24.

The 4 hex head clips that secure the radio in place can only be twisted & accessed from the sides with the panels removed. The face is wider than the unit, so you can't reach anything in there like the keys that come with aftermarket radios.

Follow these instructions: PCM 2.1 Install (CDR-24 Radio Removal) - Articles

Its not that difficult, not that big of a deal. Print the directions out, and work on the car some place cool, and you'll breeze through it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts