Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 cayman S with the CDR-24. I notice that the sound settings (bass, treb, bal, fader, loud and gal) always revert to the number zero setting!!! I'm tired of setting them only to find out that they go back to the zero setting over and over (of course after changing stations or CD). I'm using FM1 and FM2 memories and also my single CD.

I read the owners manual but I can't get them to stay on anything other than zero. sometimes they stay but the next day they revert to the zero settings. Any idea or help? :thanks:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 06 Cayenne. There is something odd with your CDR-24's NV RAM which stores the settings. My dealer was stumped by this, until I found a sure way to repeat it was to leave the radio on, switch off the car, and then activate the alarm. When left overnight, the NV settings were always cleared. Since your car might be in warranty try taking it to the dealer. If not, I found that switching the radio off before shutting off the car and alarming it, gave me about a 90% success rate at keeping the settings.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car has about 1 month of warranty left. I will take it in...in the mean time I will try your method. :thanks:

·
Registered
253 Posts
No answers but I've the same problem with my '06 Cayenne. Also have the same radio in my Cayman but no problem there...so I know it can work! Mine has never worked for more than a few days and I've gone back to the dealer 4 times....always no problem found. I'll try your technique and see if it works...I have a week left on warrantee.:eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, I took the Cayman to the dealer and it turns out the the CDR-24 was no good. the dealer replaced it with a new one...of course I did it under warranty with only a few days left.

no more warranty left so I hope no other issues come up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts