Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CDR losing presets

My CDR-30 Gen II CS lost all its presets today. This is the 2nd time that this has happened. The car was plugged in with a battery tender when it happened.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any idea what could be the problem?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same thing happens to the CD-R 30 in my new Boxster Spyder. At least 5 or so times since I picked it up earlier this month. I figured I'll bring it up with the dealership when it goes in for it's first service, but I'd be grateful for any information I could get prior to that.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same thing happens to the CD-R 30 in my new Boxster Spyder. At least 5 or so times since I picked it up earlier this month. I figured I'll bring it up with the dealership when it goes in for it's first service, but I'd be grateful for any information I could get prior to that.
Thanks for the info. Looks like I am not the only person with a CDR-30 that loses its presets. Also, this is the car's 2nd CDR-30 as on the 1st one the CDP didn't read CDs.

I am in no hurry to take it in just for this and will have them look at it when I go in for servicing.

If anyone has had the dealer fix this problem please let us know.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You need a special Porsche tool. Station Verriegelung Schraubenschlüssel - Part No.: 901 101 101 2R. This will secure all loose station settings.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need a special Porsche tool. Station Verriegelung Schraubenschlüssel - Part No.: 901 101 101 2R. This will secure all loose station settings.
Can you please explain what the part is and where it gets installed?

Thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
My reply was not serious. The original post said the CDR was loosing presets instead of losing.

Station Verriegelung Schraubenschlüssel translates to Station Locking Wrench. Just the tool needed to tighten up any loosened presets.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I didn't make a special trip to my dealer to raise the issue of the CDR-30 resetting (a.k.a. losing presets) but I had my first scheduled service performed today and mentioned this issue to my service manager. When I picked the car up they said the unit is defective, it will be replaced under warranty, it's on order, should be here in less than a week and takes about 90 minutes to replace (labor also under warranty). The service manager seemed to be familiar with the symptom and prescribed resolution because they didn't have to re-produce the issue. All presets were still in place when I picked the car up from service. Unless they took the time to write down all preset stations and various other settings, then restore them after they reproduced the issue, they didn't need to reproduce it. It seems most likely that it's a known issue affecting some percentage of CDR-30 systems. I post an update once it's been replaced.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The new CDR-30 has been in place for nearly a week and the problem with re-setting is definitely fixed. The new unit looks the same (physically) but the firmware is clearly different. Maybe it's 2012 spec now, or maybe I had faulty firmware before. Some of the many differences are: the preset stations now all show as the FM frequency. Before they always showed a few characters of the title of whatever song I was playing when I stored the preset station. The currently selected preset station is displayed as black text over a shade of white. Previously, the current selection was white text, no back ground. Other differences exist. Just noting these differences in case others may have the faulty or dated firmware in their own CDR-30.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts