Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted this info at the end of an old thread. But ipod integration/ aux input for the CDR24 non PCM is such a common subject that I thought it would be worth a new post with the info in the subject line.

You can send in your head unit to Becker Autosound and they will install an aux jack. This is the cheapest option albeit least sophisticated. I'm not sure about the price but I think I remember it being like $50.

Click the bottom link for info. If you go to beckerautosound.com they don't have a direct link. I sent an email to inquire about pricing. When I get more info I'll post here.

[email protected]

aux_input

[TABLE="width: 528, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: style93, width: 522"]"The auxiliary option is done with a cable that is hard wired through the rear of the unit.
A black box with a female 3.5 mm socket is located at the end of the cable. The male to male 3.5mm cable is also provided. The black box can be located anywhere that is convenient (under or the side of the dash, ashtray, center console, glove box)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="width: 516, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: style93"]To access the auxiliary audio (mp3, satellite ect) insert one side of the 3.5 male plug into the female 3.5 mm socket in the box. The other end of the 3.5 male plugs into the 3.5 socket on the auxiliary device. The radio need to be in the FM mode. The auxiliary audio is hardwired into the radio after the tuner it is not modulated. All volume and tone controls are functional. To return to the radio unplug the male plug from the female socket in the black box."[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the reply I got back...

"Remove unit, ship to us for modification. Cost is $100 plus return shipping."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts