Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the car a few days ago and when I bought it the radio had no sound coming out of the speakers so they changed the CDR30 for a new one......I was told that it was just a fuse issue with the old one (wrong one installed).

Now a few days later, I tried to play a CD for the first time and all the CDs I feed it say 'Invalid CD'!

Anyone have any experience with this?

The dealer is a 60 mile drive and trying to avoid it if possible if there is a quick easy fix. The dealer told me that they would have to hook it up and reset the radio.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I noticed that many issues were solved by removing the radio fuse......I looked in the fuse box and only found one that was labeled ASK amplifier and tried it but it was not the one for the CDR30.

Anyone know which one & where it is?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just bought the car a few days ago and when I bought it the radio had no sound coming out of the speakers so they changed the CDR30 for a new one......I was told that it was just a fuse issue with the old one (wrong one installed).

Now a few days later, I tried to play a CD for the first time and all the CDs I feed it say 'Invalid CD'!

Anyone have any experience with this?

The dealer is a 60 mile drive and trying to avoid it if possible if there is a quick easy fix. The dealer told me that they would have to hook it up and reset the radio.
Are these home-burned CDs? did you remember to finalize the disks.
Personally, I didn't like the CD-30, I had mine pulled and a Kenwood DNX-6140all in one installed

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I noticed that many issues were solved by removing the radio fuse......I looked in the fuse box and only found one that was labeled ASK amplifier and tried it but it was not the one for the CDR30.

Anyone know which one & where it is?
If I'm not mistaken, it should be Row D, Fuse 9, right next to the one you pulled for the amplifier. Try it, no harm, no foul, well, you might lose your settings.

Chuck

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The CDs that I tried were all originals.

I will give the fuse thing a try again......thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked and the other 2 fuses are for the left & right seat heaters. I guess I will take it in to the dealership in the next few weeks to have it looked at.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Are you sure you are looking at the right fuse box? The one on the left side of the driver's footwell?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you sure you are looking at the right fuse box? The one on the left side of the driver's footwell?

Yes, I am looking at the right one (left of drivers footwell. I have given up and will have to take it in to the dealership in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
In the fusebox door there should be a manual for finding the fuse. The one you are looking for "might" be called "Electronics Box", as this is the one responsible for PCM, maybe the same for CDR.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In the fusebox door there should be a manual for finding the fuse. The one you are looking for "might" be called "Electronics Box", as this is the one responsible for PCM, maybe the same for CDR.
I did look in the manual but was specifically looking for something that said CDR30, radio or something similar.

I will check later when I get home for electronics box fuse.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts