Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed catless headers and now Im getting P2196 O2 Sensor Signal Biased/stuck rich.

I did install fabspeed mini cats on the downstream O2 sensors.

My question is did a break an upstream sensor in the install process? the error says bank 1 sensor 1 I would think I fault from catless would be sensor 2?

any advice or troubleshooting tips would be helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had the same overall experience - catless headers w/mini cat O2 sensors, and still pulling misc. CEL codes. If there's a pattern that I've seen, it would be that driving hard in colder days seems to trigger the CELs, whereas putting around on nice warm days doesn't trigger it.

I think it's kind of normal that the mini cats don't work very well - you may just need a custom tune to fix it 100%

536 Posts
P2196 is the ECU detecting a rich air/fuel ratio - the sensors voltage is out of an acceptable range. You could test the condition of the O2 spacers by swapping them between headers. They're very sensitive and the sensor tips can easily be damaged.

O2 spacers are not a guaranteed solution. In our experience they can work in most conditions, but will occasionally trigger a CEL that may or may not go away over time. This code can be cleared if you have a scan tool.

-Mike

·
Vendor
455 Posts
Proper tuning is the key to resolving this. Do you have a 987.1 or 2?
I installed catless headers and now Im getting P2196 O2 Sensor Signal Biased/stuck rich.

I did install fabspeed mini cats on the downstream O2 sensors.

My question is did a break an upstream sensor in the install process? the error says bank 1 sensor 1 I would think I fault from catless would be sensor 2?

any advice or troubleshooting tips would be helpful.
Don't you guys have some tuning solutions for the 987.1?
P2196 is the ECU detecting a rich air/fuel ratio - the sensors voltage is out of an acceptable range. You could test the condition of the O2 spacers by swapping them between headers. They're very sensitive and the sensor tips can easily be damaged.

O2 spacers are not a guaranteed solution. In our experience they can work in most conditions, but will occasionally trigger a CEL that may or may not go away over time. This code can be cleared if you have a scan tool.

-Mike

·
Vendor
455 Posts
Thanks Mike! Well if it's a 987.2 we can help but the 987.1 isn't in our repertoire right now..

We do use Softronic, but you have some custom tuning options as well which we are a fan of!

-Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts