Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I replaced the peeling black center console in my 2010 Boxster with a beautiful, body colored center console from Bumperplugs. After I had the new console in and everything was screwed back together, I fired up the car and the airbag warning light on the dash came on. I could not recall reconnecting the "Passenger Airbag is Off" light mounted in the console, so I took everything out and sure enough, I had neglected to reconnect it. I reconnected it, got everything back together, and fired up the car. I still have the airbag warning light illuminated on the dash. Anybody have any ideas? Would disconnecting the battery clear this out?

Thanks for your insights!

Mike Smith

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
rljett is correct. I had the warning come on when I removed the console to install Numeric cables.

My enthusiast level Durametric cleared the code easily. If you don't have one, perhaps a nearby P9-er with one would help. Or of course you can take it to a dealer or shop, but they may charge you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies gents. I'm relieved that it sounds like I didn't screw something up. I'll reach out to the local community to see if anyone with a Durametric can help me out.

Thanks again,

Mike

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
THe probable cause is the Automatic Weight Sensor (AWS) needs to be either bypassed or retested. If you don't drive with a child's seat in the passenger seat, like others above said, turn off the AWS with a Durametric and you are good to go.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the code read and cleared at Hennessy Porsche this afternoon. Cost me a half hour of labor ~ $70.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts