Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My center console has bad wear from the area where my leg pushes against during spirited driving... I'm quite surprised as the car is low 20s mileage and also I'm fairly thin (so I don't think my leg comes into contact with it normally).

Anyone else had this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have similar mileage and no such visible wear.

Are your pants abrasive (like jeans)? If you didn't mention that you rest your leg there and I only examined the photo, forensic evidence might lead me to conclude that you wear your watch on your right wrist and it rubs/scrapes against the console every time you reach to make a common adjustment. (There's no way your pants could catch the inside passenger-facing edge of the console and cause that gash--unless you meant you rest your leg ON the center console by the shifter LOL--which suggests something sharper did that.) But that's just an idea based on one photo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have similar mileage and no such visible wear.

Are your pants abrasive (like jeans)? If you didn't mention that you rest your leg there and I only examined the photo, forensic evidence might lead me to conclude that you wear your watch on your right wrist and it rubs/scrapes against the console every time you reach to make a common adjustment. (There's no way your pants could catch the inside passenger-facing edge of the console and cause that gash--unless you meant you rest your leg ON the center console by the shifter LOL--which suggests something sharper did that.) But that's just an idea based on one photo.
No I never wear jeans... either shorts or fairly soft chinos. But you are right... given the positioning, something else must have come into contact with it. Now I just need to figure out what that could have been!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts