Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
The quality of the stitching on the console cover does not successfully match that of the original interior areas. It is very evident in the 2nd picture.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
The quality of the stitching on the console cover does not successfully match that of the original interior areas. It is very evident in the 2nd picture.
Yeah it is situations like this when I think of my mom saying if I can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Obviously limitedboxter31 loves his car and wants to personalize it and I applaud those kind of efforts, if you are going to spend $$$ on a Porsche, be happy, do what you want. I'm certainly not critical of that by any means, however, I must concur with your assessment that the stitching does not match and if it were me, I would have the source re-do it for a better match. I am familiar with custom auto upholstery from Hot Rod Express and the work that goes into doing custom items so I know that a better outcome than what is shown here is possible. However, if it doesn't bother the owner and the owner is happy, then I see no need to have it redone either. Since the OP did ask what we think, I felt obliged to respond in some way.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wish I knew someone was doing this
I had some extra caiman skin left over from my wrap
Still looks pretty good minus the stitching at the ends

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cold Croc
Since my CS is manual I hardly use it as an armrest
It is defi rougher than regular leather but not as rough as it looks
I think because the each splitting line is parallel to the arm itself so the roughness is minimum!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts