Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you may be aware of the Cars and Coffee events in Chatham that have been held regularly twice a month since late last year. The event has been wildly successful and the parking lot is packed with all types of exotic and unique cars.

But, something has been bothering me.

I think the most amount of Caymans we've ever had show up was four... FOUR. We don't even rate a mention on the FerrariChat board that regularly covers this event. We get lumped in with "oh, and a bunch of Porches showed up, like a turbo too, duh..."

Well, maybe not in those exact words but you get the point.

FOUR Caymans! We had more cars than that for our first ever Lime Rock event two years ago.

Sometime in July/August, I want to completely take over this show with our cars. We'll plan for a drive after the event and a group lunch in the area as well.

So, whose with me on this??

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,646 Posts
I'm in been meaning to go for a while.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,875 Posts
...I want to completely take over this show with our cars...So, whose with me on this??
...Sounds like your new nickname will be "The Dominator".
I fear that his encounter with "the Dragon" has permanently transformed our (formerly) mild-mannered "homewrecker!" :eek:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great. I'm liking the response so far!

We're working on finding a good lunch spot right now and I'll lock down a specific day for meeting very soon...

Oh, and this isn't just for NJ folks. If our Long Island, PA or Connecticut owners want to come and meet with us, you're more then welcome to!

Chatham is close to both I-287 and I-78 so it'll be very easy to reach from anywhere.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'll be there if it's on a Sunday... I actually went on Sunday May 23 and no one was there did I get the wrong day?...My daughter and I got a bunch of pastries anyway...had a nice drive out and back...I am only 15 min away.
p.s. I can make some Saturdays in July or August...

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The organizers pushed it back one week to 5/30 due to a charity event. I was on my Dragon road trip and wasn't able to update the info...

I'll be there if it's on a Sunday... I actually went on Sunday May 23 and no one was there did I get the wrong day?...My daughter and I got a bunch of pastries anyway...had a nice drive out and back...I am only 15 min away.
p.s. I can make some Saturdays in July or August...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ahhh...I figured something had changed...very envious of your Dragon trip by the way...what a great time and write up! Looking forward to the next one.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,646 Posts
If I'm not at a DE I'll be there. I'm sure we can arrange a ride too.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Went once earlier this year and will be glad to go again. Does anyone have the number for Jacoby and Meyers?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I fear that his encounter with "the Dragon" has permanently transformed our (formerly) mild-mannered "homewrecker!" :eek:
Between the Dragon and his new exhaust system a monster has been created... "Domn8er" :hilarious:

Pick a date we will kill em with Crocks...:burnout:

·
Registered
86 Posts
wow Pete I am deff in on this one...The one time i went I was pretty surprised no other member of planet-9 showed up! Maybe it was the weather or just the day, but it is very successful and if we go with the whole cayman crew, it will draw an even bigger crowd, then all the ferrari owners will try to compete with car attendance and this whole event could get as large fast! so if we are setting something up let me know, I am deff in! being in NJ and finally an event might build up in NJ, dont have to get up so early to drive hours to CT to join everyone(even though i love the drive). But count me in!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The next event is Sunday, June 20th, but being Father's Day, I don't think that would work in favor of getting a good Cayman turnout.

Saturday July 10th or Sunday July 25th are the two scheduled events for next month. I'm open for either one right now.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,646 Posts
July 10 is NNJR Tbolt DE, 25th is Mosport DE so I won't be available either day

1 - 20 of 29 Posts