Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I took delivery of my (UK spec) 2010 Cayman S last week and have been absolutely loving the car so far. :banana:

I am thinking about mounting a GPS speed camera detector in the centre console cubby hole (i.e. below the aircon controls) as this should look pretty "unmodified".

Could anyone point me in the direction of a guide to getting (switched) 12v power into this cubby hole? I've done a search of this forum but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Aljrob

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
I would run a wire from the fuse box along the underside of the dash and into the cubby - it might require drilling a hole into the cubby somewhere to conceal the wire. You can find instructions for hardwiring into the fuse box in this Article on installing a radar detector: How to hardwire your Valentine radar detector - Articles

The only thing I would do differently is use an Add-A-Circuit fuse tap, rather than just wrapping the power wire around a fuse post like K-Man S did.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
I had one run to hook up my iPod and FM modulator. My local car audio shop had a plug and hooked it up for me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had one run to hook up my iPod and FM modulator. My local car audio shop had a plug and hooked it up for me.
2 problems w/ mounting it in the cubby between the seats

1 - you will lose your rearward warning

2- You will not be able to see your control panel. Not that you will use it often but the 9500i has a good number of buttons on top

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.