Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally did it today and put my deposit down for a CGTS. The dealer gave me their last 2016 GTS allocation from their build inventory with a starting build date of January with estimated delivery in March. It was important to me to get the naturally aspirated engine so I wanted the 2016 and not the 2017. Ordered in black and only options are PDK, black wheels, smokers package(I don't smoke but think it looks a lot better with the little door and not the hole). So needless to say I am beyond excited to be getting a Porsche and think I made the right decision over getting an BMW M2.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Stay in touch with your SA. Have him give you a printout of the status codes and estimated dates. March is getting pretty late in the 2016 cycle.

·
Registered
475 Posts
well done! congrats!!

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I made the switch from BMW to a Cayman GTS... OK, my last BMW was a 1971 2002...:hilarious:

But the CGTS is real -- and in Racing yellow, real bright!.
Good choice with the PDK... and the black wheels with the black paint should be totally mean..
I agree with ronaldvetteron--- stay real friendly with your SA and get those printouts.. Don't be shy, it won't be the first time a customer has hounded the delivery codes and schedules!
In my case, my SA did go out of his way to get an allocation when I was looking last year. He did it, gave me a copy of the dealer information and all. I gave him a small gift (a bottle of olive oil from the foothills where I live) and he was almost embarrassed with the gesture -- but he took care of me for the rest of the wait and delivery.

D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer knows I will be a repeat customer as I get new cars every 2-3 years so I think they did everything they could to get me an allocation and get it around the time I was wanting which is March or April.....if not was getting M2. They gave me 3k off and 20k/2yr of scheduled maintenance which was ok but I didn't think was great however I wasn't complaining since they gave me their last allocation of 2016 GTS. They have a 2015 CGTS in inventory now but was just too heavy optioned out for me. Look forward to being a fellow Porsche owner!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
The CGTS is a super nice car but for the $$ I went with the GT4 route. If I didn't have my GT4 I'd probably sport that new boxster spyder since it's a 3.8L with 911 brakes.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I wasn't insistent on PDK I would have gone GT4 route. Personally I am not a convertible fan so the boxster is out for me. Hope your enjoying the GT4. Saw one at the dealer today and it was beautiful!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also just put a deposit down on a 2016 BGTS. This is my first Porsche, so can someone help me out on what print outs I should be asking for? I currently have a build sheet and deposit info.
I'm supposed to have a European delivery next spring.
thanks

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I also just put a deposit down on a 2016 BGTS. This is my first Porsche, so can someone help me out on what print outs I should be asking for? I currently have a build sheet and deposit info.
I'm supposed to have a European delivery next spring.
thanks
"Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System" there is a tab titled "Tracking"

Congrats to you and the OP. Now if you really want to drive yourself nuts you can get the vessel name the car will be shipped on. Then you can track the ship- can't recall the site for that but you can google it. I did that once for a ordered car but then said I wouldn't go through all the angst again! best of luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts