Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many thanks to all for the help I have received from everyone here over the last few months of lurking! I am now status V200 for a December build. "Freeze date" currently set at 10/28/2015, with an ETA at the dealer of 1/29/2016. The wait doesn't really bother me (much) as I went thru it for 6 months from order to delivery waiting for my 2015 Macan Turbo (very nice trucklet BTW). I am just thrilled to get a confirmed build allocation for one of the last flat 6 NA 981s.

Details:
Agate Grey
Black Leather Interior
Infotainment w/ BOSE
Convenience Package
F&R Park Assist w/ Reversing Camera
PDK
PTV
20" Carrera S (silver)
Alcantara delete
18 Way w/ Memory Package
Sport Design Steering Wheel in Leather

I guess this means I am now joining the other "waiters". Misc "stuff" already on order from Suncoast, Zunsport, Schnell - yes, it's an addiction!

Will update as things progress.

Cheers!

·
Registered
146 Posts
You still have time to save some money and add the 6MT back in. Oh, and the X73.... :hilarious:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Don't let the folks get to you -- PDK is a great option --- its on "my" CGTS. But I do agree that the X73 is a great suspension option.
D

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Don't let the folks get to you -- PDK is a great option --- its on "my" CGTS. But I do agree that the X73 is a great suspension option.
D
Yeah, get what 'you' want and what suits 'you'.

Enjoy and congrats to the both of you.

Reactions: Spectre

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You still have time to save some money and add the 6MT back in. Oh, and the X73.... :hilarious:
Appreciate the perspective & others fededback, but I have owned so many cars over the last 30 years or so with "real" gearboxes (944S, 964, E36 M3, E39 M5, B5 S4, B6 RS4, E90 M3), that at age 67, and with a recent left knee surgery, PDK will be the way to go for me. My Macan Turbo has PDK, and it is a pretty sweet unit, and it is a massaged Audi unit as opposed to the "real" Porsche PDK built by ZF. Before I decided for sure, I drove a '15 CS with PDK / PASM and a '15 CGTS owned by my SA with 6spd / X73, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm getting.

The car will be a seasonal daily driver, and I've been to enough driving schools that it is pretty unlikely it will ever see the track. The probability of occasional stop & go traffic and deteriorating streets tell my early dementia brain (and my left knee) that both PDK & PASM are "my" kind of options (together with Sport Chrono & PTV just in case!)

Cheers! I'm back to the "waiting room"

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Makes sense to me 540gone. I'm 67 going on 68, and with back surgery a couple years ago, my right foot doesn't dance on the gas and brake pedal for down shifting very well anymore -- so, my GTS has PDK. The fact that PDK is really an automatically shifting manual and it does it really, really well helped seal the deal!

You will enjoy it as well as need it !!
D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts