Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
image.jpg
Quick question: do all Caymans have the thin black vertical line on windowscreen, I guess needed for de-frost mode?

Noticed that this morning, first time seen it. Though was in a LeMans car, with that vertical split on windowscreen :/

·
Noob
857 Posts
Yeah I have it too, was wondering about it.
Its like someone marked the car like you mark a tailored suit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was under the impression it was the antenna...my 2010 boxster has this also.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So everybody's got it and first time I've seen it. Nobody complains?
Not used to this kind of intrusive stuff on windowscreen. Will get used to it?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Embedded wire antennas have been common since the 1970s at least. I remember them in the '74 El Camino I drove in high school. You'll get over it.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
There's one on the far left, far right, and center. It's the antenna.

when you are driving, your focus should be on the road and stuff on or in the windshield are out of focus/ blurred out.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
You'll forget over time. I'm ocd about stuff like this but I had forgotten it was there until you mentioned it.

Reactions: chickahoy69

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll forget over time. I'm ocd about stuff like this but I had forgotten it was there until you mentioned it.
Thanks guys...

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
So everybody's got it and first time I've seen it. Nobody complains?
Not used to this kind of intrusive stuff on windowscreen. Will get used to it?
It is no worse than the rearview mirror or an inspection sticker or a GPS stuck to the glass. No big deal as far as I'm concerned. Now I don't care too much for the wart on he roof but I'm getting used to it after 10 or 15 years. ;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
This is one of those things where if you don't look for it, you probably don't notice. Once you see it, you can't unsee it. :hilarious:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine also. Initially thought my windscreen was dirty :hilarious:. But then realized it was probably the antenna...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts