Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed the oil today in my 2014 CS. How does one remove the "Change Oil Now" warning message that has appeared upon start up as the date to change oil approached?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carl: Thanks. Closest dealer is over 300 miles away. Can you reocommend a good source for a durametric cable?

Lemon: Can't stop by your shop, almost half the country away, but thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
You can often find a used one on ebay. Just know what you're buying and what it is worth. Someone just paid $212 (including shipping) for a useless Basic Version. The listing even said "Used once" and a Basic can only be used on one VIN.

For an Enthusiast version, expect it lost 1/3 of its value for each VIN used. Pro's are actually a good value because they don't depreciate much (unlimited VINs).

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
If you haven't gotten your instrument cluster re-programmed, you may have difficulty in properly resetting the next oil change due date. I had my 981 CS oil change in early July with 2000 miles and the dealer reset the next date to August 2017. My next visit about a month ago, I had them update the PCM and they also did the instrument cluster. Next time I am in with my Durametric cable, I am going to reset it to the Aug 2015, if it will let me go backwards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts