Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first mod. I Plastidipped the PORSCHE lettering on the trunk to make it black, in keeping with the black and blue theme of the car. Wheels may get the Plastidip treatment, too; still on the fence about that one vs just getting painted wheels.

I went with the matte look, rather than adding glossifier. The beauty is, the whole process only took an hour (mostly drying time), so if I want to gloss it up, I'll just peel them off and start over. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Looks good. Here are pics of my base 18" wheels dipped in anthracite with glossifier if you are curious to see what that might look like.
Goods really good.

Assume you did them off the car, and just masked off the crests. A friend did his 911 wheels over 3 years ago, and they are holding up well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Actually it was easier than that. I just masked off the fenders and bagged the rotors and brakes with kitchen sized trash bags. Then just spray directly. I didn't even mask off the nuts or stem. When done, you can just wipe off the excess spray from tires since the dip won't stick to the rubber on tire. Then peel off the dip from the crest. If you spray enough coats and the dip is thick enough the crest peels off in one piece. Pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Nice, looks better black, might do that to mine.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Will be pulling the factory Cayman S wheels off come November when I install the Boxster S wheels with Winter tires. Might decided to do the original wheels in black Plasti-Dip while they off the car. Should look good with Racing Yellow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts