Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So mid summer last year, I decided I wanted a Cayman S. Since I live in Central New York, it's really the worst time to buy a sports car, as our summers are so short. So now's the time for me to buy...I was wondering if there were any significant changes from '09 to '10? I also heard there's going to be a redesign for '11?

Any info would be appreciated. I did a search and couldn't find any threads about changes from the '09 to '10 model year.

Also, on a side note, I've also been thinking about the Boxster Spyder. The main detractor for me is that our weather here is less than ideal, and the Soft top looks like an after thought. I've sort of been juggling the idea of an Exige S 240 as well.

One more question, is the Audi TT-RS going to come to the states or what?

Thanks in advance for any responses.:cheers:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. :)

I could fit in the Exige easily. I'm just afraid it's a bit much for a daily driver summer car. I have other cars, but I like to drive my sports car all spring/summer.

Actually, the 2011 Elise SC looks amazing, but they won't be here in the states till late summer/early fall :(

·
Registered
291 Posts
phile,

I drove the Elise in 2005 and was very disappointed. It is certainly not a daily driver, a pain to get out of, resale value drops like a rock and the body is very expensive to repair. If you are looking for a dedicated track car than it is a different question. Did you check out lotustalk.com? All your Elise/Exige questions will get answered there.

I do no believe that the TT-RS is coming to the US. The S5 is a possibility. Take a look at audiworld.com.

Just as Walter said, no changes for the Cayman from 09 to 10, option packages, different colors and probably more wheel choices -at least on the German configurator- for 2011.

Tamas

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
phile,

I drove the Elise in 2005 and was very disappointed. It is certainly not a daily driver, a pain to get out of, resale value drops like a rock and the body is very expensive to repair. If you are looking for a dedicated track car than it is a different question. Did you check out lotustalk.com? All your Elise/Exige questions will get answered there.

I do no believe that the TT-RS is coming to the US. The S5 is a possibility. Take a look at audiworld.com.

Just as Walter said, no changes for the Cayman from 09 to 10, option packages, different colors and probably more wheel choices -at least on the German configurator- for 2011.

Tamas
Yeah, that's always been my worry with the Elise/Exige. Exige/TT-RS were afterthoughts anyhow. The big decision is wether or not to get the Cayman S or the Boxster Spyder. The Spyder looks so nice, it's light, it's faster than the Cayman S. That damn soft top is the only reservation I have.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Wow, that's cumbersome. Seriously, what a great car. It's frustrating to me that nearly every sports car I've wanted has some unnecessary trade-off.

Based on how it is designed, it looks as though it could never house a hard top. Not to mention it would probably look bad. Sigh.

Also, it's open season for vandals and thieves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.