Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has heard of any changes to the 2016 model 981 or is it to early to know? Thanks

·
Registered
478 Posts
Higher price
:hilarious:

Reactions: Wild Weasel

·
Registered
736 Posts
And no more Anthracite Brown (for all Porsches).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't think there is any physical changes for 2016. I configured a MY2015 and it was imported as MY2016 and the price stayed the same as well. I was hoping 2016 would get the new sport design steering wheel but the configurator looks like same.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
Wasn't there a gear shift lever in brushed alu with the previous configurator? I thought I saw it, but now it is gone.

·
Registered
54 Posts
And no more Anthracite Brown (for all Porsches).
No more Anthracite Brown? It's such a rich beautiful color, I hesitated when I placed my order, now that I have it, I love it. Too bad!

Reactions: GTAutoDesign

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I didn't get a luggage net even in my NEW GTS... good thing I had a couple left over from my 987 !!! I think they will fit nicely in their new home!
D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wasn't there a gear shift lever in brushed alu with the previous configurator? I thought I saw it, but now it is gone.
Yes, it seems to be gone. But it is still on my order, so I guess we'll see if it shows up in my car.

Maybe it is on the dealer's screen still?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was hoping some of the spy shots of the 2016 Cayman were going to be offered. Like the idea of 2.5L 4-cylinder turbo for increase torque and weight savings. Wasn't there going to be some interior tweaks too like a upgraded infotainment system with a wider screen? The keyless entry & drive system could use an upgrade to push button start as well. Guess I will find out more once I get to see the 2016 build sheet.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I was hoping some of the spy shots of the 2016 Cayman were going to be offered. Like the idea of 2.5L 4-cylinder turbo for increase torque and weight savings. Wasn't there going to be some interior tweaks too like a upgraded infotainment system with a wider screen? The keyless entry & drive system could use an upgrade to push button start as well. Guess I will find out more once I get to see the 2016 build sheet.
The changes you are referring to (especially the 4 cylinder turbo) will not happen until the 2017 model year. I doubt any of the other items you mentioned will change until then as well.

Reactions: michael818

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The Virginia dealerships are taking orders for the 2016 cars already. There are no significant changes in the model year.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Sapphire blue might be in the hit list. Told by my SA that it's being phased out and possibly not available for the spyder. Gt4 folks on rennlist are saying the same.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Sapphire blue might be in the hit list. Told by my SA that it's being phased out and possibly not available for the spyder. Gt4 folks on rennlist are saying the same.
Maybe for those specific cars, but it's still on the order list online for 2016 model cars.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Platinum satin finish wheels went up $110. Other than that no real changes I saw!

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Someone I know just placed a recent order for a 2016 981B S and was told Platinum Grey leather is to be dropped soon. His build allocation (early June) will supposedly be the last run of said color.

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Sapphire Blue Metallic going away? Platinum Grey interior going away? I wonder how much of this stuff just gets bandied about to entice people into locking in their orders when the SA thinks they might be on the fence. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts