Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Yes, sorry for any confusion, my father passed away on January 16th and the service was held this past Monday January 26th where I read the above passage I authored and let me tell you it was damn hard to get through it without completely losing it.
Ken,

We learn so much from our fathers and yet it is never enough. I lost my father to MS 5 years ago. He was only 62. I will never know some of his best stories. So, be thankful for your time with your father and always remember to be the best father you can be and share all of your stories with your kids as often as you can.

God Bless! My thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Jason

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
My condolences about your loss. Your father indeed was a great dad and successfully passed on his passions, learnings and love to his children in whom he is living on.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. May the great memories that you have help sustain you.

Like your dad, mine was a car guy too. Sadly, he only got to enjoy 2 mo of retirement as he had a heart attack and passed at 65. I was only 27. At the time, his next door neighbors had a 4 yr old and she noticed dad wasn't around and she'd ask her mom 'where's Dale?'. Her mom said 'he's in heaven'. Death is a hard concept for children so she asked several more times over a period of days and her mom always gave the same answer. When it made sense, the little girl then asked, 'is he fixing God's cars now?'.

From the mouth of babes came the most soothing words. I'm teary now as I type this and it was 28 yrs ago.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
my condolences..

i am glad that he tough you well to be a father. and i am sure that his legacy as a car enthusiast will live on to your children..

Lemon

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry for your loss Ken, they say you can measure someone's success by his/her legacy, and you are a big part of this legacy Ken. keep it up bro.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Ken.....condolences and a thank you for sharing. I saw some of my Dad in your eulogy. My Dad loved to fly, taught me to fly and all I have come to know and appreciate about owning and working on cars. A slightly different view but perhaps fitting if you would indulge me just a bit to share. A couple years back, my son (he is 31) and I were standing at the end of the long downhill at Road Atlanta during the Petit.............he turned to me, smiled and said, 'Ya know Dad, we are making memories'. He then added, I cannot wait for you, me and my son to do this together when he gets a bit older...........

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Ken, Sorry to hear about your loss. I think it's great that you were able to spend some time with your Dad before he passed. Just keep in mind that it does get a little easier over time. It may not seem like it but it does.

RIP
-Moto

·
Vendor
205 Posts
Sorry for your loss, K-Man, but thank you for your excellent public post. Your dad's spirit will help you later on sometime when the chips are down. Trust me on this one!

All the best to you and your family.

-Roger Chartier

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ken - condolences again.

Here's the clock. (My dad passed away January 17th, 2015 at 11:12 pm)

You know what it means

I tried to get it off the wall... GD Soviet technology! I'll get it yet!

Miss ya dad... He protected us all from WW III

Capture.JPG

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Hi Ken,

I am sorry for your loss. I too lost my Dad a few years back. It's difficult. All the best to you and your family.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Ken. The tribute to your dad is very touching and makes for leaky eyes. Thank you for sharing. He raised a wonderful son. I'm so sorry you lost him. I lost my dad in 1980 while I was far from home chasing dreams (was a gigging musician back then). It remains one of my great regrets that I wasn't able to spend quality time with him before he left this world. :cry:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ken, Very sorry for your loss but glad that your memories of him are so great. May they be a real comfort to you as you remember him, I am sure you made him proud.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,733 Posts
Ken, I'm so sorry to read about your dad's passing. I'm sure that he was proud of you and all your accomplishments, and doubly proud of his grandchildren. I'm also sure he saw a bit of himself in you, as a father to your children. You and your children are his living legacy. May he rest in peace, and may your heartache gradually subside. His work here on earth was complete, and a mighty fine job he did!

Best regards,
Croc'ed
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
34,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
In this one of many possible worlds,
All for the best or some bizarre test?
It is what it is and whatever,
Time is still the infinite jest

The arrow flies when you dream,