Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted this yet? I have the CD-R plus (180 watts with 7 speakers no Nav but Bluetooth and streaming) I had a loaner this past week which has the PCM with the Nav. And 9!speakers.

I really liked the way it sounded. If a PCM comes in range of $400-$500 I may consider buying one used (they are getting closer to that on eBay now) I'm just concerned about the install. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Has anyone attempted this yet? I have the CD-R plus (180 watts with 7 speakers no Nav but Bluetooth and streaming) I had a loaner this past week which has the PCM with the Nav. And 9!speakers.

I really liked the way it sounded. If a PCM comes in range of $400-$500 I may consider buying one used (they are getting closer to that on eBay now) I'm just concerned about the install. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-...981-cayman-boxster.html?highlight=pcm+install

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I'm one of the ones that did it, not hard at all, and all the help and parts you need are in that thread. Buy a PCM on eBay, buy the cables and adapters from online Porsche dealers and eBay, install the stuff, pay a hacker a few bucks for the codes, let the dealer input them and you're done.It was a very satisfying job for me, saved a bunch over the factory PCM or buying one as Teequipment. If you're a total klutz maybe not for you but anyone with just so-so mechanical skills can hendle this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.