Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, my cousin has a base cayman with sport chrono +, today I was searching for a button that can change the shift speed (shift gear strategy bla bla thing), i couldn't find it... any idea?

I also had problems activating the sport chrono watch, I don't know how to?

·
Porschiste
1,444 Posts
I'm speaking way out of turn here - but I have been reading tons of stuff on this as I have spec'd the Sport Chrono+ - as I understand it, you cannot actually manipulate the shift points - there are just different shift "maps".

In association with the PCM installation, the SC+ will allow you to store data about a run as well as personal preferences related to the wipers, lights, etc. No where however, I have I seen anything about being able to change the shift "maps".

But what do I know? I don't have the car yet...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The "Sport Plus" button is on the lower dash. Pushing it alters the shift maps, cutting shift times. According to the "Project Cayman" article in the September issue of Excellence (pages 141-144), "Sport" is the sweet spot between the Tiptronic-like "Normal" setting and the uber aggressive "Sport Plus" setting (page 143).

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, as far as I know.

Sport chrono alters the shift maps

Sport chrono + has launch control + gear shift strategy to pick speeds up to "lightening" fast

It says so on their website.

Can someone with SC+ elaborate?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Assuming you have a PDK with Sport Chrono Plus... In "normal" mode the PDK is shifting for maximum fuel economy. Push Sport Chrono "sport" button - Shift map for PDK is changed to faster shifts (for manual and auto mode), and holds shifts to higher RPMs when in auto mode (and if you have PASM, it puts PSAM in "sport" mode). Push "Sport Plus" button and PDK changes shift maps again for even faster shits in both auto and manual modes, and Launch Control is now available.

Edit: BTW, the Chrono clock on the dash is activated through the on-board computer steering column stalk on the left, under the turns signal stalk. Download an '06, '7' or '08 owner's manual from the files section and you can read about how to operate the clock in one of those - it works the same way in the Gen. 2 cars.

brad

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
"Sport" feels like WOOF, "Sport Plus" is KICK BUTT. And definitely watch the tach if you pick either and put the PDK into Manual mode. Heavy foot = redline in a heartbeat. During break-in, I personally would recommend staying away from "Sport Plus" button.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts