Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy I know this has been covered but I am looking for something specific, I have two questions here..
#1 If I change out the whole info system except the head unit will this void my CPO Warranty?
#2 I want to change out everything except the head unit, is there a link to the toslink or what ever cable I need to go from the head unit to the new amp???

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
1) no
2) don't know
Why do you want to do this ? The head unit is more of the problem than the Bose is. I change the head and the Bose sounded much better.
I was looking for clear sound (got it) and current day functionality (Apple Car Play, backup camera, USB ports, XmSirius).
If was going to change everything else, I would do the head also and get a really super setup that works as a unit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It would be nice to integrate a new head unit with front and rear cameras on the older 981 cars that don't come with the sensors or backup cameras. I know I will have to change that in the car I eventually buy to make sure the wife doesn't mess up my front bumper. She already did that on the last 981 we had.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) no
2) don't know
Why do you want to do this ? The head unit is more of the problem than the Bose is. I change the head and the Bose sounded much better.
I was looking for clear sound (got it) and current day functionality (Apple Car Play, backup camera, USB ports, XmSirius).
If was going to change everything else, I would do the head also and get a really super setup that works as a unit.
Gonna think about it more and then decide.... I think you may be right though...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be nice to integrate a new head unit with front and rear cameras on the older 981 cars that don't come with the sensors or backup cameras. I know I will have to change that in the car I eventually buy to make sure the wife doesn't mess up my front bumper. She already did that on the last 981 we had.
I don't have a huge interest in camera's not that important to me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts