Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 GTS shows the date one day later than current (it is showing today as the 25th but it is the 24th). I see the place in the PCM menu to theoretically change it, but there is no actual place to do this. I can change the date format but not the date. Anyone have any ideas? The owner's manual shows exactly what is on the PCM display, so I don't think that I am missing something.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
My 2008 GTS shows the date one day later than current (it is showing today as the 25th but it is the 24th). I see the place in the PCM menu to theoretically change it, but there is no actual place to do this. I can change the date format but not the date. Anyone have any ideas? The owner's manual shows exactly what is on the PCM display, so I don't think that I am missing something.
A day out sounds like the year is wrong...

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Fair enough. Any idea how to change the year?
Sorry, I don't have access to a copy of the PCM manual for a 2008 Cayenne, but from what I did see there should be a Date/Time section in the Settings menu. Also if you have it set to GPS time synchronization you cannot set the time.

do you have the PCM manual?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm experiencing the same thing with my '04 Cayenne Turbo - date reads 3/23/2002 ........and while I can change the time, time zone, 12/24 hr format, or date format, nothing anywhere allows for a date change. Porsche mechanics looked at it, fiddled with the PCM and said "It should correct when the GPS updates" ....NOT! A second mechanic came out and said he'd never seen anything like that before and their final comments were "Nothing we can do" ........but....there's gotta be a way!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discovered, during some routine maintenance, that disconnecting the battery (in my case it was disconnected for about a week .....) and then reconnecting it, served to completely reset the entire system -- and I have not had any issues with date, time, etc., since...........Sorry for the late response......but have been on a cross-country trip and just returned..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts