Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is amazing how the battery seems to get drained quickly in a 997. I had to replace the battery recently since it died after three years. This is despite the battery tender I used. I got the charge o mat thinking that the previous one was old. Any idea as whether it should be inserted in the cigarette lighter or the power outlet in the arm rest console? Why should there be a difference?

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
You insert it into the cigarette lighter for no other reason than that's what it says in the directions. The cigarette lighter has a bigger fuse, but that really should not make a difference for this application considering the max output of the charge o mat.

PS - if you use the air pump that comes with the car, you better 100% put that in the cig. lighter, or the fuse will blow in the aux.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
If you got an new OEM replacement battery, don't forget to check the fluid levels in it after a year or so. I checked mine after 2 years and it needed to be topped off.

The cap covers are covered by the sticker on the battery. Once you peel them off, it'll be obvious where the 6 covers are. Use a quarter to open them up.

There is a plastic "L" shaped level indicator in each cylinder. Top with distilled water until the level reaches the bottom of the "L".

Be careful and wear eye protection while doing this! Add distilled water in small amounts using a dropper. You don't want that nasty acid spilling out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.