Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Chasing my buddy in his new Lotus Exige Cup R at Spring Mountain. :drivingskid: He is still getting it sorted and was taking it easy on me. Man that lotus is an awesome track machine...;)
out of curiosity, does it look smaller than your gts up close?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
out of curiosity, does it look smaller than your gts up close?
It does look smaller, and it is certainly lower. From what I understand the Cup R is on a longer and wider wheel base than the exige now that it has the bigger engine. I am heading out to the track later today and if he has the Cup out I will try and get a picture next to the GTS.:cheers:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Chasing my buddy in his new Lotus Exige Cup R at Spring Mountain. :drivingskid: He is still getting it sorted and was taking it easy on me. Man that lotus is an awesome track machine...;)
Nice to see Jack has somebody to play with. Ill see you in a few weeks. Id' like you to drive my car, get your thoughts.carl

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Here is what I got out of this video....same thing I got out of watching Porsche lose the Le Mans against Audis. Porsche's are underpowered for the job.

The lotus just walked away (actually ran away in this video) but you caught him on the curves. Porsche has the handling, but man they need to stop inching up on the horsepower and just let it go. A 425hp GT4 would be nice.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
There are many downsides to the Lotus, but handling is not one of them.
Wouldn't trade my 981 for my old 2010 ExigeS, but the Lotus was the better car in the corners,
Sorry.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The Exige cup R in the video is a friend of mines.He's still breaking it in . The car has a 360hp/ 350ft.lb Toyota V6 and weighs 2200 lbs plus runs a full sequential gear box and slicks. It's really in a different leauge on track than the CGTS. Both Lacquer and Jack are the real deal. They both own and race Radicals,1200 lbs,250hp,pulls 2+ gs,big areo, crazy fast. Carl

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Exige cup R in the video is a friend of mines.He's still breaking it in . The car has a 360hp/ 350ft.lb Toyota V6 and weighs 2200 lbs plus runs a full sequential gear box and slicks. It's really in a different leauge on track than the CGTS. Both Lacquer and Jack are the real deal. They both own and race Radicals,1200 lbs,250hp,pulls 2+ gs,big areo, crazy fast. Carl
Carl, you are too kind, and that is Jack. Really glad to have met Jack, my brother from another Mother. :cheers:

As you point out, the Cayman is an incredible car and very capable, but it is hard to compare it to a purpose built machine.

Here are a few laps in the Radical just for perspective. Same configuration.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was actually suprised at how slow the excige cup R was for a 2200 lb car with a supercharged 3.5 liter motor on slicks? Should have run away from a heavy naturally aspirated street car? Would be Intersting to see how the blown v6 lotus holds up on hot days during long sessions at spring mountain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, Carl, for the support. :cheers: I should add that I am a big P-car fan and have owned many different models over a 30 year period, the last being a 2007 GT3 RS. However, once I went lightweight, I couldn't go back to those heavy P-cars. :naughty:

But, we need to get the facts right -- the V6 Exige CupR is heavy (at least compared to my 2-Eleven or Radical;)) ---- it weighs 2290 wet with 12 gallons of gas ... 360hp, 302ft/lbs at the crank ... mine does have an Xtrac sequential but the car comes with R-comp Pirelli Corsa Trofeo tires, not slicks. I will, of course, be running slicks once break-in is done.

Also Lacquer is the real deal -- I'm just a Sr. Citizen having fun on track at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch. :drivingskid:

This is the love of my life ......

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was actually suprised at how slow the excige cup R was for a 2200 lb car with a supercharged 3.5 liter motor on slicks? Should have run away from a heavy naturally aspirated street car? Would be Intersting to see how the blown v6 lotus holds up on hot days during long sessions at spring mountain.
Ok, now I'm offended. LOL

I'm short shifting during break-in and I'm parking it in the corners -- us track guys always have the best excuses.:dance: Also, running on street tires not slicks, albeit they are R-comps - standard on this car. So there.:banana:

Btw, this little red car also kicks the GTS' butt on track (not the Radical), and it's just a tiny 1.8 litre Toyota motor :) .....Same configuration as the above videos for perspective.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Trust me the Cup-R/211 and Radical are in a different league than the CaymanS/GTS on track. I own a CS my second, and Ive driven the red 211 and been in the Radical on track (insane).
Lacquer holds the top speed record for a modified Ford GT 225mph. Like i said these guys are the real deal. carl

1 - 20 of 32 Posts