Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my motorcycle, I always ordered online but not sure how it works with cars due to the far larger size I'm assuming.

Where's the best place to get a great rate on an aftermarket exhaust? I was thinking Borla only because I know their rep and have seen videos of their sound but open to others.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on an exhaust at this point. I think that and some rims is just about all I want to do with my CS. Besides a radar detector but that's not really a mod. I'm also open to some spoilers but so far haven't found the perfect one. So I think the exhaust comes first for me.

any help/advice is of course appreciated.

·
Registered
133 Posts
APR have some good specials on right now

$1370 for their cat back exhaust
$899 for the ECU flash

I have the flash - extremely happy with it - have ordered the cat back exhaust

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
+1 on the Agency Power. You could not have asked at a more worse time, their sale just ended. I jumped on the 50% off and ordered myself that exhaust. I shall perform the install in 1.5 weeks when I'm on break and do a write-up. Go to vividracing.com they list a bunch of exhausts and prices. Easy and nice to deal with. They list some rather non-expensive exhaust options too. Good luck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
APR have some good specials on right now

$1370 for their cat back exhaust
$899 for the ECU flash

I have the flash - extremely happy with it - have ordered the cat back exhaust
Forgive my ignorance, but what's an ECU flash? I'm assuming it's like an aftermarket chip?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Classifieds

·
On Probation
582 Posts
midnight auto supply or smack and jack sales ....just kidding...try flea bay..e bay

·
Registered
258 Posts
My Agency Power just arrived. It will be some days before I get time to install it. Packaging didn't hold up real well under shipping, but contents look fine. Agency Power looks a lot like Remus in terms of design - obviously can't comment on performance yet or drone or the lack thereof. Price on the sale was fair and a far better value than others. Another low price option is the one from Che. He is not a sponsor on this board so I will not post a link, but you can find his stuff on ebay. I bought stuff from him for my MR-2 and he is a clear stand up guy - see comments about him and his product on Spyderchat.com. He has an exhaust with tips on flea bay for only slightly more than the AP was without tips, but he warns that you may find it too noisy for street use...
Kudos are going to Vivid for pricing on the AP. I have bought other parts from Vivid for my MR-2 and also had good luck with them, so all I need is time and a couple of tools ...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Keep an eye on e-bay or the exhaust vendors websites. Some of the major name vendors occasionally put their demos or scratch and dents on ebay at a major discount. That is where I got my AWE. Like new with a warranty for way below normal price. I could have turned around and sold it for a profit but then I would miss the oh so sweet exhaust note....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey i ordered my Borla first week of this month, picked it up from autoanything.com. they had a killer 10%off plus free shipping and i was out the door for around 1370.

·
Porsche Prophet
942 Posts
Purchased my Borla - 21ST. CENTURY EXHAUST (located in Florida) contact SCOTT JOHNSON 1-800-276-6399...$1,300 which includes the shipping...very reasonable...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I also just received my Borla from AutoAnything, only downside is it will take a while ot get it from them. They show on their site they are in stock but they are not. Ordered mine in October and just received yesterday.

Cant complain much with the discount over MSRP and free shipping :burnout:

·
Registered
70 Posts
For my motorcycle, I always ordered online but not sure how it works with cars due to the far larger size I'm assuming.

Where's the best place to get a great rate on an aftermarket exhaust? I was thinking Borla only because I know their rep and have seen videos of their sound but open to others.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on an exhaust at this point. I think that and some rims is just about all I want to do with my CS. Besides a radar detector but that's not really a mod. I'm also open to some spoilers but so far haven't found the perfect one. So I think the exhaust comes first for me.

any help/advice is of course appreciated.
Hi sicshift,
Thanks for your interest in our product! The forum members here have mentioned several great dealers/distributors- AJ USA, 21st Century, & AutoAnything. As they are all reputable companies we've partnered with, I'd recommend ordering from any one of them.

Should you have any specific questions about our product, please let reach out to me & I'll be happy to help. My direct office line is 805-246-6000.

Cheers & Happy Motoring!
Chris

1 - 20 of 21 Posts