Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hypothetical question here regarding Porsche Adaptive Cruise Control. The PACC only works between 80 km/hr to 210km/hr if I remember correctly. And that disappoints those of us who'd like to see it work for stop and go city drives.

What if one's diving on a highway with PACC set at 80 km/hr then enters the city and keeps it on? Assuming there's a traffic jam. The distance between you and the car in front is set to the minimum.

Would the stop & go scenario work here?

Yes the car is set to reach 80 km/hr but it can't / won't reach it in traffic jam. Yet, it'll keep driving at less speed and even stopping when necessary.

Would this scenario work? Would it cheat the PACC to work below the set 80 km/hr?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Mine seems to work at any speed.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you're able to use it in the city for stop & go situations with traffic jams?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
So you're able to use it in the city for stop & go situations with traffic jams?
Yup, works like a charm. Stops the car. Just tap the gas when the car ahead goes.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, works like a charm. Stops the car. Just tap the gas when the car ahead goes.
Is it smooth and reliable? Or is it bumpy acceleration and deceleration in the city?

How often do you use it?

Would it work in bumper to bumper traffic jams?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts