Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for taking my question: just noticed out of the blue I have a check engine light appearing. What are the main issues (typical one's) arising from this when it comes on?
I used to remember in past with other P-Cars but this is a recent purchase. I recall with BMW/Lexus it was always Cat/pollution sensors/ gas mix issues ...

tks,,,,,,,,Abe

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Could be anything why not just go to AutoZone or someplace like that and have them read the codes. It's a free service or just buy a code reader and then you can do it yourself and know exactly what the problem is instead looking for what might be or what is a common problem. Make sense ??
Once you know the code problem you can ask for input as to what to do to fix it if you can't figure it out based on what the code or codes are.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Yes, the "Check Engine" is so generic you can't get any help without knowing the code. Could just be a loose or faulty gas-cap. The exact instrument cluster message might give a clue - several are listed in the Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be anything why not just go to AutoZone or someplace like that and have them read the codes. It's a free service or just buy a code reader and then you can do it yourself and know exactly what the problem is instead looking for what might be or what is a common problem. Make sense ??
Once you know the code problem you can ask for input as to what to do to fix it if you can't figure it out based on what the code or codes are.

tks ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts