Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my 2007 Cayman S with 43,000 miles in on Friday for the third check on a check engine light. The first time was at the 40,000 mile service. Computer read an emissions problem but Bobby could not find a problem so he reset the code. Came on again New Year's Eve and took it to the dealership. Emissions again and could not find the problem. Reset the code again. It came on again two days ago and will take it in this Friday. I hope they find the problem while it is still under warranty. Any ideas?

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Maybe its the cats?

·
On Probation
582 Posts
what is the code ?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll get the code on Friday. The other two times I was told it was an emissions code and they said it could be any number of things, but could not find a problem. The second time, the mechanic said he recommended smoking the system if it reoccurred. We'll see on Friday hopefully, maybe third time is the charm...

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
If they're talking about smoking the system I wonder if it would be in the gas tank venting vapor recover system to find leaks. Assuming it's this you must have a pretty decent dealer. Usually they'll just tell you to keep the gas cap tight which gets annoying after the second time...

·
Registered
69 Posts
the gas vapor storage filling up CEL is common on cars which tend to top up the tank to the maximum when filling. Shouldn't be too expensive to repair. usually causes an emissions light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts