Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
392 Posts
I tinkered with my NT530 on my 2010, to see what I could find. I couldn't find the exact entries you showed (where are they?) but I did find some level-related stuff as follows:
Gadget Font Display device Screenshot Electronic device

This represents 5 bars on my center display:
Car Speedometer Odometer Gauge Trip computer

I don't know if your car would show the same behavior, and I don't know what the "current oil level" means (there are no units shown?)... seems like it's percentage.

@deilenberger you had mentioned there is a fill-assist section somewhere. Where is that located? I would be curious to see what it says for the level.

I figure, if we get a few people to report what their NT530 reads at a few different bar-levels, we may be able to reverse-engineer the mm values?

·
392 Posts
Doh, forgot to detail that!

Mine was in Diagnosis/Control Modules/ Instrument Cluster/Live Data. You can see the above two data points in that section, so I only selected those two and displayed them to generate the view photographed above.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Doh, forgot to detail that!

Mine was in Diagnosis/Control Modules/ Instrument Cluster/Live Data. You can see the above two data points in that section, so I only selected those two and displayed them to generate the view photographed above.
Same steps to get to mine. My software ver is Home V2.04.001. BOOT V2.04.007. Under setup/about

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and non-RS 2010 GT3
1,966 Posts
I tinkered with my NT530 on my 2010, to see what I could find. I couldn't find the exact entries you showed (where are they?) but I did find some level-related stuff as follows:
View attachment 284429

This represents 5 bars on my center display:
View attachment 284430

I don't know if your car would show the same behavior, and I don't know what the "current oil level" means (there are no units shown?)... seems like it's percentage.

@deilenberger you had mentioned there is a fill-assist section somewhere. Where is that located? I would be curious to see what it says for the level.

I figure, if we get a few people to report what their NT530 reads at a few different bar-levels, we may be able to reverse-engineer the mm values?
That’s a cool reading you can get off that scan tool… coincidentally during my engineering internship I worked for OTC/SPx.. all I did was test software…
So interestingly enough the last few times I drove the 987.1 the level showed one block down (roughly 1/4 of qt.) after around 1200 miles over the summer (normal). Can’t complain about that oil consumption .
It’s now the end of the season so it’s been sitting for a couple week and I had to push the car a little so I checked the oil level and it’s now on the top mark… my point, the gauge isn’t perfect but my level is one great indicator of no bore scoring..I like that part.. anyway, thought I’d share

Attachments

·
392 Posts
Hmm... weird.

My versions are:
Home V2.01.008
BOOT V2.04.007

I just updated a few weeks ago, so I'm surprised by the diffrence on HOME versions. Maybe this is due to a hardware change or something (ie, you may have a newer handheld versus mine?)

Or, the difference we are seeing could just be that 987.2 has different labels/readouts versus your 987.1?

·
Administrator
1,980 Posts
If I have time and remember tomorrow - I'll hook it up and work through the menus and see what I see. It's always possible I was thinking of the Cayenne when I mentioned the oil-fill display, but I'm fairly sure it was the '09 Boxster 2.9L - since that's the last car oil was changed on. I vaguely remember it being under "Special Functions" or something like that - which appears even before the diagnostics menus... but don't hold me to it. I'm old and so is my mind.. 😬

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Same steps to get to mine. My software ver is Home V2.04.001. BOOT V2.04.007. Under setup/about
Update! Replaced my display yesterday and the new display is is working great. The toughest part was removing the trim. Got the part from

My next task is to compare my display oil level with my nt530. Also will be replacing all the tpms.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
If I have time and remember tomorrow - I'll hook it up and work through the menus and see what I see. It's always possible I was thinking of the Cayenne when I mentioned the oil-fill display, but I'm fairly sure it was the '09 Boxster 2.9L - since that's the last car oil was changed on. I vaguely remember it being under "Special Functions" or something like that - which appears even before the diagnostics menus... but don't hold me to it. I'm old and so is my mind.. 😬
Lol, So am I.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Update! Replaced my display yesterday and the new display is is working great. The toughest part was removing the trim. Got the part from

My next task is to compare my display oil level with my nt530. Also will be replacing all the tpms.
Here is a comparison of the nt530 versus the new display. Looks like the level is a bit higher then it should be. I guess I will have a better handle on it when I do an oil change myself.

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts