Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My boarder collie puppy got a hold of my Cayman's passenger side grill and chewed it up a bit :(. I've found the part ...
R9875055530201C

GENUINE PORSCHE GRILLE​
but I'm uncertain on the procedure to replace. Looks like it's only secured by a couple of screws but it's behind the bumper trim. Tell me you don't have to pull that to replace the grill... please!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've heard of dogs eatin' homework, but never a car. lol

Sorry about the car, Han Solo. That sucks.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Just be glad that's a border collie rather than a Rottweiler - one of those chewed the ENTIRE bumper off a friend's Nissan Pathfinder several years back.

spmcpa

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, great video. Seen it several times. I'm most interested in repair procedure though.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
If you look in the article section there are a couple of articles relating to De-snork" and within them it covers the procedure for removing the grill.

It is simple, but if you take a look at the pictures in the articles you'll have a better idea of the construction and best way to get it out without using your dog :taunt:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you look in the article section there are a couple of articles relating to De-snork" and within them it covers the procedure for removing the grill.

It is simple, but if you take a look at the pictures in the articles you'll have a better idea of the construction and best way to get it out without using your dog :taunt:
Unfortunately that did not address the problem as I'm trying to replace the front bumper grill. Not the air intake grill. Saw a write-up on front bumper removal but it would be nice to know if this can be done without going through that procedure.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny thing is I had to replace the left grill a few weeks ago. I hit a squirrel with a big walnut in his mouth. Damn walnut busted the grill. I saw the same squirrel later feasting on another by the side of the road :taunt:

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Funny thing is I had to replace the left grill a few weeks ago. I hit a squirrel with a big walnut in his mouth. Damn walnut busted the grill. I saw the same squirrel later feasting on another by the side of the road :taunt:
Your dog chewed-up one side and a squirrel broke the other side? That not fair...!:(
Sorry, but you will have to remove the front bumper cover to replace the grill frame. Takes about 3 hours to take off and put back on. Grill frame just snaps into place. Good luck.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your dog chewed-up one side and a squirrel broke the other side? That not fair...!:(
Sorry, but you will have to remove the front bumper cover to replace the grill frame. Takes about 3 hours to take off and put back on. Grill frame just snaps into place. Good luck.
Yep, done it twice now. Second time is definitely easier!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.