Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My boarder collie puppy got a hold of my Cayman's passenger side grill and chewed it up a bit :(. I've found the part ...
R9875055530201C

GENUINE PORSCHE GRILLE​
but I'm uncertain on the procedure to replace. Looks like it's only secured by a couple of screws but it's behind the bumper trim. Tell me you don't have to pull that to replace the grill... please!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've heard of dogs eatin' homework, but never a car. lol

Sorry about the car, Han Solo. That sucks.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Just be glad that's a border collie rather than a Rottweiler - one of those chewed the ENTIRE bumper off a friend's Nissan Pathfinder several years back.

spmcpa

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, great video. Seen it several times. I'm most interested in repair procedure though.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
If you look in the article section there are a couple of articles relating to De-snork" and within them it covers the procedure for removing the grill.

It is simple, but if you take a look at the pictures in the articles you'll have a better idea of the construction and best way to get it out without using your dog :taunt:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the link Dunebasher.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you look in the article section there are a couple of articles relating to De-snork" and within them it covers the procedure for removing the grill.

It is simple, but if you take a look at the pictures in the articles you'll have a better idea of the construction and best way to get it out without using your dog :taunt:
Unfortunately that did not address the problem as I'm trying to replace the front bumper grill. Not the air intake grill. Saw a write-up on front bumper removal but it would be nice to know if this can be done without going through that procedure.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
We have a rescue house rabbit that I thought liked to chew things up.....but nothing like Winston! He sure can smell a rat! Ha Ha!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny thing is I had to replace the left grill a few weeks ago. I hit a squirrel with a big walnut in his mouth. Damn walnut busted the grill. I saw the same squirrel later feasting on another by the side of the road :taunt:

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Funny thing is I had to replace the left grill a few weeks ago. I hit a squirrel with a big walnut in his mouth. Damn walnut busted the grill. I saw the same squirrel later feasting on another by the side of the road :taunt:
Your dog chewed-up one side and a squirrel broke the other side? That not fair...!:(
Sorry, but you will have to remove the front bumper cover to replace the grill frame. Takes about 3 hours to take off and put back on. Grill frame just snaps into place. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have seen the video but the video is unable to display the problem. are you really have the problem with your grill or it just for the publicity of the video.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your dog chewed-up one side and a squirrel broke the other side? That not fair...!:(
Sorry, but you will have to remove the front bumper cover to replace the grill frame. Takes about 3 hours to take off and put back on. Grill frame just snaps into place. Good luck.
Yep, done it twice now. Second time is definitely easier!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts