Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will I be banned if I say that I'm still partial to the white car??? :hilarious:

A 997.X GT3 just stops me in my tracks every time I see one. I refused to test drive any of them.

If it will score me some extra points after that blasphemous statement, I will state that a GT3 will make a good 3rd car to the stable. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
The orange Cayman with the stripes look STUNNING !!!

Really it could be the best looking striped car I ever saw in addition to the gentleman's white Cayman (P-9 member too) who had it striped with silver.

Do you have more pictures of the orange striped Cayman from the front, side and close ups?

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look in the Nor'Easter section for my post about the Orange Cayman and British cars, a bunch more photos there and I'm still in the process of adding more!

The orange Cayman with the stripes look STUNNING !!!

Really it could be the best looking striped car I ever saw in addition to the gentleman's white Cayman (P-9 member too) who had it striped with silver.

Do you have more pictures of the orange striped Cayman from the front, side and close ups?

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I beleive it is the same car. I have some more photos of the car from the front and back that I haven't posted yet. Keep watching that other thread...

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just passed my PCA Instructor training, and my first student was a young doctor (very good driver) with a brand spanking new GT3 with all the options. He offered it to me to drive. I did not want to drive that car. After riding with him, I REALLY don't want to drive that car.:(

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
I just passed my PCA Instructor training, and my first student was a young doctor (very good driver) with a brand spanking new GT3 with all the options. He offered it to me to drive. I did not want to drive that car. After riding with him, I REALLY don't want to drive that car.:(
Is the GT3 that good? I mean the 997.2 turbo S is much faster and more powerful than the GT3. Why would the GT3 be a better car than the 997.2 turbo S? I understand this forum is so obsessed with the GT3 but again to my surprise I find almost no one mentioning the Carrera GT or GT2 at all.

Hmm... yes I know the GT3 is more track oriented but still !

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,661 Posts
Hassaan, the TT accelerates faster than the GT3 but is quite a bit slower on track. The GT2 is the track turbo of choice. TT acceleration with GT3 handling.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Hassaan, the TT accelerates faster than the GT3 but is quite a bit slower on track. The GT2 is the track turbo of choice. TT acceleration with GT3 handling.
Thank you very much for this explanation... I'm truly grateful.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is the GT3 that good? I mean the 997.2 turbo S is much faster and more powerful than the GT3. Why would the GT3 be a better car than the 997.2 turbo S? I understand this forum is so obsessed with the GT3 but again to my surprise I find almost no one mentioning the Carrera GT or GT2 at all.

Hmm... yes I know the GT3 is more track oriented but still !
There's nothing like the sound of a naturally aspirated flat-six revving past 8,000rpm.

·
PCA Member & National DE Instructor
63 Posts
Hey guys, the "Pumpkin" as I car her is mine. In all fairness the GT3 was following me to see my line. I was casing him the rest of the day. He is 3 seconds faster than me at Lime Rock. He is a great driver and yes, the GT3 is that nasty. He pulls away from me on the straight and exiting the corners. I catch him at entry and in a few turns. He also is running slicks and I am on Nitto NT01s.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey guys, the "Pumpkin" as I car her is mine. In all fairness the GT3 was following me to see my line. I was casing him the rest of the day. He is 3 seconds faster than me at Lime Rock. He is a great driver and yes, the GT3 is that nasty. He pulls away from me on the straight and exiting the corners. I catch him at entry and in a few turns. He also is running slicks and I am on Nitto NT01s.
If he's only 3 sec faster than you at Lime Rock and he's running slicks on a GT3, I suspect you are the better driver.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Equal drivers in a stock GT3/Cayman S and the GT3 will pull away. If the GT3 driver is down a notch on skills the Cayman driver will cause the GT3 driver to wear out his rear view mirror.

Drop in a turbo, Diverdog/Hassaan, and it's Miller time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.