Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My GLK350 has a piano black surface in it surrounding the shifter (not a Porsche I know, but I believe some of the Porsches have this same surface material in them). It's constantly dusty and a nightmare to take care of--I use only microfiber to dust it off, and yet there are still surface scratches in it that are obvious when the sunlight is showing on the trim
Is there a proper way to clean this surface and/or remove the surface scratching that is already present? I've thought of using a Meguiars product I have that removes spotting/scratching on the exterior paint surface--would this be OK to use on the piano black material or a bad idea?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Try a product called "Luster Lace Detailer" (a google search will present many sources). It's a spray and can be used on metal, glass, plastic - virtually any surface. No worry about overspray and it makes all surfaces look good. I especially liked it on the piano black dash in my '08 Miata. One tip, shake it well before use and frequently during use.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
The piano black material is just painted with maybe a clear coat. I used to use the Zaino PC swirl and haze remover on my black birdseye and on my aftermarket carbon shifter surround and then waxed it. The Meguires should work too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.