Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the group,
I have a 14 981CS with the clear bra covering the common areas. Can you clay bar, Polish with buffer or just hand polish only?
getting different answers and a tab bit confused.
thanks, Randy

·
Registered
47 Posts
I forget what manufacture I have for my clear bra ( i do not have X-pel), but yea check the recommendations, I use Griots Products and last time I waxed I .......

1.washed
2. clayed with considerable lubrication, watch out for the edges of the clear bra it will snag the clay....
3. waxed with synthetic wax (on the clear bra I think I used Mcguires for this, it worked good but the Griots Best of Show Was also works good)
4. Used Griots spray wax over entire car...I actually use this after every wash, works great

I would not use electric buffer BC if u snag something u r fcked....

And depending on the clear bra type u have u need to be careful with it just like if u did not have it, bc u can still get swirl marks in it from normal washing but the difference is u really can't buff them out like can on the clear coat....but I have a black car......So don't take it to automatic washer and for heavens sake don't let the dealer wash it, I think they have sandpaper backed washing mits.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts