Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How effective is the clear bra against rock chips? My meteor gray Cayman seems to attract attacks by rocks in the San Francisco bay area, despite my best efforts to stay well back and avoid rock strewn areas. Just tonight, I found another small nicked area (on the clear bra), where the plastic is slightly raised around the hit area. This is on the front fender just aft of the headlight. I suppose it would look worse without the bra, but rather expected the bra to be more resistant to hits, especially since this nick is at a pretty shallow angle to any incoming rock.

- Phil

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
At some point you're going to get a rock that is large enough or hits at the right angle to rip the bra material a bit. I have several of those after 18000 miles and it doesn't really bother me because I know the paint is still good underneath.

Then again, at 18000 miles, the novelty of a "new" car has worn a bit and now I'm enjoying the driving experience a bit more.

Any clear bra nowadays does a decent job of protection from everyday chips and nicks. Whether or not you like the look of it on the car is subjective.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
I am in the Bay Area as well. The Clear Bra has been very very good to me. PM me if you want to personally inspect what things look like after 4 years.

Also, if you are going to get it done, do it soon or else you will be putting the protector over already created chips, and that will really be annoying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts