Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
This was the cleaner of choice for the plastic rear windshields in convertible tops. It works like magic.

Introducing Plexus Plastic Cleaner

I don't know if is is appropriate in this case. I haven't tried it yet personally on my clear bra. It will polish out some marks, but I am not sure what your "scuff" looks like.

I have heard that anything fatster than 2:02 at Thunderhill will melt away any marks in your clear bra. You might try that first.;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave - watch out later this summer for a video posting a CS doing 2:02 over the top! Thanks for sending this. The scuff marks aren't dirt but when a clear plastic is lightly scratched and makes that haze. I hear rubbing alcohol works for some kinds but I spot tested and it didn't work on the kind I have, I think it's 3M.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I got scuff marks on my clear bra and tried using the Plexus cleaner. It is great for cleaning it but it was unable to get the scuffs off the clear bra. I tried a variety of differerent methods but was unsuccessful. I think it depends on how deep the marks are. Depending on what you use to clean the clear bra it can make it look "cloudy". I have a 2008 Cayman S and had the clear bra installed. However, I recently bought a 2009 911 Carrera 4S and decided not to have the clear bra installed on the 911.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove scuff marks off a clear bra?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked with Starshield in SoCAl. They recommended 3M Plastic Cleaner & Polish. Product numbers 39010 and 39017. I've ordered them from amazon and I'll let everyone know once I try it.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
If it's really scuffs - meaning an abrasion or fine scratches - a heat gun works well. Just make sure you don't leave concentrated heat on one place for too long - keep the gun moving. The heat will melt the tiny edges of the scratches in the scuff, and they end up disappearing like magic.

·
Registered
266 Posts
it all depends on the depth of the scratch / scuff. Plexus plastic cleaner actually has butane in it that is bad for the film as it tends to dry out the pores of the clear bra and breaks the film down. We have formulated several products specifically for the clearcoat of paint protection film. Much information of the product can be found here: Premier Formula One Products

We have recently (2 months ago) completed beta testing of a new product for paint protection film:

PF1 TTR Remover: for the tough to remove tire / rubber marks that you get from Autocross, this product works fairly well in removing these dark marks without damaging the film. Product will be launched in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just finished using the 3M Plastic Cleaner & Polish - Product numbers 39010 and 39017. Wow my clear bra looks and feels like new. I highly recommend these products. Thanks Starshield!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone had any success removing scuffs from the clear OEM plastic on the rear fender flares? Is that film a 3m product or something else that requires different care?

I brushed a tire stack at a recent track event and have about 3 inches of skidmark to fix. I was going to try the softest griots polish on a 3" pad.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hairdryer or heat gun softens up the clear bra and you can lightly buff it out with a PC. If you press to hard you can ruin the clearbra so you have to be careful.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used some fine cutting polish on my buffer with a light pad to remove marks and color from my old 3M film...buff then wax the film, makes it look new again. Im looking to upgrade to the Suntek over the winter to have full protection

1 - 13 of 13 Posts