Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Based on the wear and tear of existing vehicles, I would limit Invinca-shield installation to the front bumper. I occasionally get a rock-paint chip on the hood but these can be pretty easily repaired with careful application of touch-up paint and some elbow grease. The front bumper is another matter. Over time, my front bumper gets an almost sand-blasted affect. Invinca-shield says:

Q. Can it be removed?
A. Yes, although INVINCA-SHIELD is designed to provide permanent protection for your vehicle, it may be removed with ease without any damage to the paint.

Does anyone any experience removing one of these shields after one or two years?

http://invinca-shield.com/pdfs/is_installation.pdf

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
mpollard,

I had a 944 muffler bolt fly up and hit the nose of my C4S on the track about a year after my Invinca-shield was installed. Alan came out and took the damaged piece off (paint underneath not damaged but invinca-shield tore slightly) and replaced the piece with a new one. It takes some pulling to take it off and once you take a piece off it can never be put back on, taking it off means either you don't want it anymore or you are replacing it with a new piece.

I would disagree about the hood, I want the protection on the entire front bumper and hood and mirrors and possibly other places as well! My prior installations on the hood have saved numerous rock chips.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Ken, Thanks for the real world experience.Good to know that it can be removed and then replaced. And, how would you say this Invinca-Shield affects the appearance of the car, especially after 12 months of exposure to the elements? I assume that the Invinca-shield prevents oxidation of the paint too. Sounds like the entire care should have Invinca-shield

21 - 24 of 24 Posts