Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have 'misplaced' my washers for the motordirve cover. I searched for specs on what to get but all I found were thread saying they were necessary 'as-is'. Anyway, anyone want to chime in and let me know which ones to get from HD or Lowes. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have 3 extra sets (5 bolts/set) from when I ordered a box of 20 of these bolts that are longer than the stock bolts and make securing the cover a snap. I had extreme difficulty with the stock bolts before I got these. All I as is $ for postage. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offers guys. Much appreciated. I found both the washers and the longer bolts.

I think I owe the forum some pics once I get the carpet cut-out finished. The clear cover is on now and it looks nice.

By the way, who on earth said these things sound loud? I read somewhere that the aluminum cover without the carpet would sound like the clear engine cover. Wow - the clear engine cover is quite a bit quieter than the aluminum cover. Mind you my aluminum cover didn't have any padding under it while some of the others that I've seen do.

Those little C washers ... umm which way is the non curved edge supposed to point? Also, how tight are people ratcheting these things down?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts