Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2015 Cayman as a CPO a couple months ago in the Atlanta area. I didn't realize it at the time, but it has the clear side markers on it (at least that's what it looks like it has..they certainly are not orange). That was not on the list of options included, but I'm happy they are on it. Is this a standard feature in 2015, did they come with the Bi-Xenon/PDLS option, or were they deliberately added by the dealer? Just curious....Thanks -

1907541_846867078741439_2583864546585568302_n.jpg Porsche10.jpg 11053555_846868548741292_1296492812103407686_n.jpg

·
Registered
534 Posts
My 2015 GTS (non PDLS) came with orange side markers. However, the dealers will usually swap out the side markers for you free of charge. Clear turns are really a no-brainer for a white car.

Reactions: Mach 2.05

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought my 2015 Cayman as a CPO a couple months ago in the Atlanta area. I didn't realize it at the time, but it has the clear side markers on it (at least that's what it looks like it has..they certainly are not orange). That was not on the list of options included, but I'm happy they are on it. Is this a standard feature in 2015, did they come with the Bi-Xenon/PDLS option, or were they deliberately added by the dealer? Just curious....Thanks -

View attachment 60643 View attachment 60644 View attachment 60645
The factory-installed side markers in the US are amber. If you have clear markers (which look way better!) they were installed by the dealer or previous owner.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
There are two type of clear side markers, the LED ones looks so much nicer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great Thread, it confusing how some cars have white and some amber. Next step can anyone recommend a vendor that has the led or non led markers. my BGTS has amber.
thanks
Newbie...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Why? What was the purpose? And if they can be swopped with no consequence then why do they bother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Archaic ancient laws and rules that nobody has any incentive to update for the modern age. Somewhere along the line some clerk decided that all imported cars must have amber turn signal housing.

Bureaucratic inertia at it's finest.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Swapping to clear markers is the first thing that 99% of people on here do when they pick up their car. It is cheap and makes a major visual impact. There are a number of places to get them online. It's a 5 minute job and simple. A must.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Archaic ancient laws and rules that nobody has any incentive to update for the modern age. Somewhere along the line some clerk decided that all imported cars must have amber turn signal housing.

Bureaucratic inertia at it's finest.
Thanks for that.
So the locally made cars are not amber?

Also what's with some cars having red indicators in the rear or sharing the rear red taillights with indicator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I swapped my 08 CS Guards Red to clear, my Cayman R Carrera White to Clear and my 2014 Cayman CPO Black came already swapped to clear . However, just to be a bit counter culture, I am going to either leave my 2016 Cayman 2.7L Amber or if changed, to LED Amber when I get it. It is Mahogany Metallic and that car with colored center caps I believe will actually look better with non full clear lens. The color has a reddish/root beer tinting and suspect Amber complements it. Of course, ya never know, but it is how I am leaning at this point.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Why? What was the purpose? And if they can be swopped with no consequence then why do they bother?

/QUOTE]

All car sold in the USA must have amber front turn signal lamps. :crazy: BIG BROTHER has spoken...do not question.:kiss:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts