Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

Did you get clear side markers?

• Yes, my dealer swapped them out without me needed to ask (dealer paid)

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Yes, my dealer swapped them out after I asked (dealer paid)

Votes: 34 16.2%
  • Yes, I did them myself or paid the dealer to swap them

Votes: 108 51.4%
  • Yes, but I don't know how they got there (didn't ask, didn't do myself)

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • No, I'm not spending money on something like that

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • No, I don't mind the orange

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Wait, I can swap out the side markers?

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (comment in thread)

Votes: 10 4.8%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in the U.S. or countries where orange side markers are mandatory, who's gotten clear side markers?

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
There is no poll. lol. :)

I did. I think every color of a Porsche looks better with the clear side markers. Maybe it's because we spent so much time on the configurator that we have assimilated that color into our perception of what a Porsche should look like.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no poll. lol. :)

I did. I think every color of a Porsche looks better with the clear side markers. Maybe it's because we spent so much time on the configurator that we have assimilated that color into our perception of what a Porsche should look like.
Take it easy on me, new poll-maker here :) When you create a new poll, there's "preview" and "submit". When you hit submit, it then takes you to build the poll options. You caught me in that mid-stage point - I had no idea it would post the thread before finishing the poll.

Anyway, it's there now. :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Bought mine from Suncoast prior to delivery and popped them in when I got the car. I like the clear sides but on my dark blue 993 I kept the yellows, as I actually like that look. So I would say with certain colors on certain cars, yellow sides can actually work. It isn't a no brainer to switch.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I bought mine from Suncoast, as well. I chose the LED version. The clear lens looks much better than the amber, and the LED lens and light design is much sharper looking. Install was a breeze. If you're the least bit mechanically inclined, dealer install isn't needed. It doesn't get much easier than plug-n-play. The only minor issue is the wiring to the lens is kinda short. I taped the body's surrounding painted area with masking tape to protect it from accidental scratches during install.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine's a UK car, so it came with the clear side markers. But for the record, had I been US based, I would asked the dealer to swap them or done it myself.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
In my case the dealer changed (I may have hinted at it ;) ). Given that I had almost no rebate, I think it is fair. If I would get 8% off, then I think it would be fair for me to pay myself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm still awaiting delivery, so can't vote officially yet. Can I ask how much dealers are charging? One dealer was willing to throw it in, the one I'm purchasing from has said I can buy them when the car gets in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I paid $55 for the pair, dealer installed them at no charge after I told them I could do it in five minutes myself.
But I also got 6% off the car MSRP in April of this year on a 2015 boxster S build.

In my opinion they look so much better clear compared to orange.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Came on the car - CPO - but if they had not already been on the car then I would have done it.

·
PCA Member
191 Posts
I replaced the side markers with clear ones twice. Once with filament type then with the L.E.D. type. The clear L.E.D. side markers are awesome.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I've bought them and they're sitting at a friend's place near Buffalo. I'll pick them up and install them in the Spring. :)

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
Did it myself. Takes all of two minutes per side.

·
Registered
221 Posts
As I am not living in the US, my car was delivered to me straight with clear side markers.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts