Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the trick to prevent the climate control fan from coming on when starting the car?

I have turned the climate control all the way to "OFF" before turning the car off thinking the fan would remain off when I restarted the car. That did not work. I remember reading that others have had the same problem but couldn't find those threads. Ideas?

·
Registered
706 Posts
The fan will always come on when you restart the car no matter what. There is no way around this as of yet.

Reactions: 981Agate/Amber

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darn it...

·
Registered
42 Posts
The fan will always come on when you restart the car no matter what. There is no way around this as of yet.
Just so I understand... if you turn off the car with the temp set at AUTO 76 degrees and the fan is low.. then when you restart, it's still 76 degrees and the fan is still low.. correct?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Darn it...
The only 'trick" is to not start the car!

I specifically ordered the manual HVAC so that I wouldn't have this problem, but the fan still comes on. At least the A/C doesn't automatically come on as well as did my '99 BMW - but the Bavarians fixed this years ago.

Also, if you have PCM, shutting the entire system (not just the audio) off prior to shutdown will prevent you from being blasted by the radio when starting.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Those Germans don't do anything without a defined purpose, so there's some reason for it. Nobody's been able to figure it out though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just so I understand... if you turn off the car with the temp set at AUTO 76 degrees and the fan is low.. then when you restart, it's still 76 degrees and the fan is still low.. correct?
Yes.... that's exactly how I have mine set now.....

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Smarttop (mods4cars), are you guys listening?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes.... that's exactly how I have mine set now.....
Great, thank-you.

That sounds perfect, why wouldn't everybody want it to operate this way... meaning you never have to touch the AC unit controls (I have a Cayman on order).

Also, does the stereo lower itself when the car is started (if it was left on at a higher volume)?

My current BMW operates this way and it's very convenient.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Great, thank-you.

That sounds perfect, why wouldn't everybody want it to operate this way... meaning you never have to touch the AC unit controls (I have a Cayman on order).

Also, does the stereo lower itself when the car is started (if it was left on at a higher volume)?

My current BMW operates this way and it's very convenient.
Sometimes. I still have not figured out exactly what the circumstances are yet though. I have auto memory set.

I do know that when getting car back from Valet. It is allows on very low after I have had it loud when i left it. I have a separate key I use for valet.

When only using my key it seems to depend on how long the car has been idle and if it has been locked or not.

So stopping at garage and filling up on restart its still loud.

Park in garage locked overnight and it comes up soft. (nearly all the time)

The Porsche implementation is pretty poor.

The Mute on the multifunction wheel will not work if the ignition is not on. (Or any other button)

It won't remember if the Mute was on, on restart.

My MB does not have these problems.

:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts