Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I am trying to keep it at minimal configuration on 2015 Cayman S order, as it will be a weekend car.:helpme:

P9A -- Convenience Package $900
N0 -- Agate Grey Metallic $710
PX -- Leather Package in Agate Grey/Amber Orange $640
498 -- Deletion of Model Designation $0
603 -- Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) $690
636 -- ParkAssist (Front and Rear) $860
748 -- Power Folding Side Mirrors $320
480 -- Manual Transmission $0
658 -- Power Steering Plus $270
400 -- 19" Boxster S Wheels $390
541 -- Seat Ventilation $730
583 -- Smoking Package $0
P08 -- Power Sport Seats (2-way) $0
840 -- SportDesign Steering Wheel $250
980 -- Leather Package $0

Vehicle price $70,555

Not going to track it, any advise is appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
You know this is always based on personal preference. Power folding Mirrors, Park Assist can easily go, seat ventilation (I live in Florida with no problem at all). 14 Way seats/memory and some sound system (maybe) upgrade. Honestly, for a weekend car...........you could strip out everything and be very happy.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Your color combo will be great. As said before your options are personal preferences. However, I know its only a few hundred $; but, after doing research on this site, I did not get the Power Steering Plus. I don't miss it at all.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Hi folks,

I am trying to keep it at minimal configuration on 2015 Cayman S order, as it will be a weekend car.:helpme:

*636 -- ParkAssist (Front and Rear) $860
*748 -- Power Folding Side Mirrors $320
*658 -- Power Steering Plus $270
*541 -- Seat Ventilation $730

Vehicle price $70,555

Not going to track it, any advise is appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
As others have said, it is personal preference and what one person likes/needs another person may not want at all. I have put an asterisk next to the items I would delete if it were me, there are probably items I would order in addition though, but it would depend on how I saw myself driving the car. This, of course, assumes that I would accept the color of your car, which for me I wouldn't, but I left that alone. :)

Anyway best of luck!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Personally I'd keep the seat ventilation. I use it all the time, even when its "cold" here. I'm not sure I'd like to get full leather seats without it. I see no need for the other items K-man mentions.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
I agree with Ken on his four deletes with the exception of park assist. I find that function very useful on a very expensive car.

I have the folding mirrors and they are nearly useless. The puddle lights will never turn on because you can't remotely extend the mirrors on un lock. The only thing I get out of this option is it looks cool when they fold up. That's it.

Power steering forget it.

I have ventilation and it is pretty weak. It's not worth the cost if you are going minimal.

My top three favorite options (...and I have a 82k build) was PSE, SC and full leather. All pricey though and probably not relevant for a minimal build.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
The roof delete option could save some $$, if you're ok with a Boxster. :) I think my signature lists my own choices. Only regret is not getting full leather; I'm glad I got every option I did.
Edit: like looks like I need to update my sig, will do so.

Reactions: omidoo250

·
Registered
409 Posts
Have you sat in the regular seats vs the sport plus seats? I hate the regular seats but that's just me. Make sure you get some seat time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
my opinion:

636 -- ParkAssist (Front and Rear) $860
748 -- Power Folding Side Mirrors $320

658 -- Power Steering Plus $270
541 -- Seat Ventilation $730

ADD: Porsche Sport Exhaust
DELETE reds

You will have a lot of fun whichever option you get.
I would get a base Boxster instead of a Cayman S. You will have the option of driving topless if you want. why take it away! get a base so you can floor the pedal and stay in the legal side.
After having a M6 I figured out the best way to have fun in city driving is to have just enough power, not too much. With the M6 I could drive everywhere with the first gear, but now I am rowing through all gears. I love my base Boxster.

Oh BTW get the sport bucket seats if you can. They make your car and driving very special.

just my 0.02 cents
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I have 2014 Cayman S with MT,PASM, full espresso leather, 14 way seats, sport steering wheel, etc. The only thing I wish I would have ordered is the sport exhaust. I find myself constantly looking at aftermarket. Probably never will do it, but something about a little better sound when you want it. If you think someday you might want a little more sound...spend the money now.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Agree with k man and his deletes.
my only addition would be the sport plus seats.
the color combo will look great.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I haven't driven a car with Power Steering Plus, so I don't know how good it is, but I can see the value it can bring. Without it, the steering is too stiff at parking speeds. What bothers me the most is that it's hard to steer with one arm when reversing with the standard steering.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I haven't driven a car with Power Steering Plus, so I don't know how good it is, but I can see the value it can bring. Without it, the steering is too stiff at parking speeds. What bothers me the most is that it's hard to steer with one arm when reversing with the standard steering.
I guess we all have a different option. PPS option is completely unnecessary in my opinion. I have a Cayman S with 20" wheels and have no issues at all with parking or low speed steering. We all see the same thing differently some times.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If your weekend driving is long distance drives, recommend the 14 way adjustable seats. No need for PPS. Love my park assist with reversing camera.

·
Registered
746 Posts
As a pure weekend car, I'd probably get rid of most of the convience items if cost is a factor. I use mine as an almost daily driver (depends on the number of people/kids I need to transport) and appreciate all the convience options. PSP and folding mirrors you can get rid of even as a daily. I would get the front+rear assist w/ camera personally as it provides a wider angle view compared to looking over your shoulder.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great points overall, thanks again.

Keeping the park assist, as we have a tree that cuts into the driveway.

Also, the exhaust upgrade I am still weighing on as I might do it after a few years of driving or just bite the bullet

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have you considered going with base car and putting 10K in your pocket? I have never looked back and get everything out of the ownership experience I was looking for.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts